• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recommendations for Hosting Plans?

webb360.com

Hello. I have recently decided to start offering paid hosting on my site Webb360.com.

What recommendations do you guys have for a paid host start up as far as Space and Bandwidth of plans, pricing, and marketing?

1) Ditch the 1-site-fits-all solution. Is this a gaming site? joomla? web dev? free host? Paid host now? Every time I see your site I have no idea what it's about :)

2) plans depend on what resources you have right now, and what resources will be avilable to you if you decide to upgrade.

It appears to be a well modified Joomla

But I agree with my learned friend above.
You have to look at the resources available to you and how you would like to devide the resources between potential clients, how many clients you can accept before exceeding your allotted amounts of space and transfer and then see how much you will have to charge them to pay for the resources and your server costs and allowing for a profit margin.

I think that you should start with marketing. I suggest you starting with SEO. It is the powerest marketing step

Here is the best way for you to decide what plans and prices are best for you.
1. Identify your target market. (gaming sites, forums, new web masters, corperations)
2. Research your target markets needs and develop your plans to fit those needs.
3. Divide your servers, or resllers accounts, resources up by cost. For example you have 10 GB disk space and 100 GB transfer. Every 100 MB would get about 1 GB of transfer. You then divide the cost of this reseller account by 100 and this would be your cost per 100 MB disk space and 1 GB transfer.
4. Finally add your profit margin to each package. This determines what you will make.

Hey you can do one thing now and that is to get your website submitted to various directories.

And the plans that you will have dont oversell it will backfire believe me.

webb360, I would ask your users. See what they want, and then build plans around their needs. :)

It would be good to do a research on TOP 10 and WORST 10 companies in hosting industry to get an idea about what makes top and what make worst. What do you think? ATB

Back