• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Religulous

You mean like how your religion puts things in the UN that forces laws to pass that make it illegal for someone to bash a religion?

http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2008/11/un_passes_defamation_of_religi.php

People bash my religion all the time, I normally don't yell at the person (like I did krak that one time). I don't use my moderator powers on someone if they were to bash my religion, I use freedom of speech to defend my religion whenever I deem necessary.
Dont worry, it will take moar than a few petty international laws to stop me bagging religions..
But yeah I do hate Islam, all the crap they have done makes me hate them, shower the world with love, prove yourself and I may change my mind, you wont force me though..

What an incredibly offensive and uneducated thing to say.

In the real world, I maintain one real relationship outside of my family. My best and only friend is a Muslim, and is ten years my senior.

He will never leave home, he has to stay at home to look after his Mum, that's admirable; he has a wife and 2 children and yet he won't move out because tradition says he needs to look after his mum.
His cousin has a very well paid job, he works in local government doing something; a year or so ago, he had a phone call that informed him an uncle on the other side of the earth, that he has never met has fallen ill with cancer, the next day he was on a plane, he poured thousands into the treatment of a man he had never met because he is family.
His eldest sister and her husband had been trying for a baby for nearly 10 years, no doctor could find any medical reason for them not being able to conceive, it just didn't happen for them. Both of them walked around for years looking like they had the weight of the world on their shoulders. Anyway, one of his brothers got married a couple of years ago, 2 months after the wedding the wife of his brother fell pregnant; she carried the child for nine and half months, she then gave the child to my friends sister; understand that she wanted to do that, no one told her too, no one even suggested it to her; she gave them life and no doubt something to live for, being a close family, the child will know who the maternal parents are, but none the less that child was the best gift I ever heard of one human giving to another.

These are the actions of real Muslims; I don't think you know what a Muslim is, I don't think you know what Islam is about and I don't think you'll ever get close enough to find out either.

Like any religious book, the Qur'an is open to interpretation, real Muslims don't think like terrorists, they don't want to kill everyone that isn't Muslim, they simply want to live out their life and look after the people around them.

I'd like to clarify, I have no time for religion, any religion; however to say that you hate a group of over one billion people because of the actions of a handful is uneducated, and just plain wrong.

Last edited:
It's because we never hear about all the good that good religious people do - it's not newsworthy. But when extremists Muslims bomb a club, we hear about that - and we associate the religion with bad things. Likewise with Christianity, when you hear about Christians in America hurling abuse at homosexuals, or the huge conflicts in Ireland, or extreme churches such as the Westboro Baptist, we associate Christianity with the bad examples of that religion.

Basically to sum up that point, it's the extremists with fundamental views that spoil it for the average person in the religion who are actually very good people.

However, I don't believe that we need religion to do be good people. I'm an agnostic, and although raised in a Christian household I knew from the start it was BS. But my lack of religion doesn't make me a bad person. If I had enough money to do what Joe's friend did, and fly out to help an uncle I'd never met - I'd do it. I follow the (non God-central) commandments somewhat; not because I'm a Christian but because they're moral things to do - don't kill, don't steal, respect parents, respect others. And most of my atheist/non-religious friends are good people too. There's plenty of Christians in the world who don't follow the commandments - murderers, thieves, even IMO (opinion!) the pope for "taking the Lords name in vain".

So yeah, I've got no problem with anybody who's religious and unless they're bad people, although I'll disagree with their beliefs, I won't voice them.

It's because we never hear about all the good that good religious people do - it's not newsworthy. But when extremists Muslims bomb a club, we hear about that - and we associate the religion with bad things. Likewise with Christianity, when you hear about Christians in America hurling abuse at homosexuals, or the huge conflicts in Ireland, or extreme churches such as the Westboro Baptist, we associate Christianity with the bad examples of that religion.

Basically to sum up that point, it's the extremists with fundamental views that spoil it for the average person in the religion who are actually very good people.

However, I don't believe that we need religion to do be good people. I'm an agnostic, and although raised in a Christian household I knew from the start it was BS. But my lack of religion doesn't make me a bad person. If I had enough money to do what Joe's friend did, and fly out to help an uncle I'd never met - I'd do it. I follow the (non God-central) commandments somewhat; not because I'm a Christian but because they're moral things to do - don't kill, don't steal, respect parents, respect others. And most of my atheist/non-religious friends are good people too. There's plenty of Christians in the world who don't follow the commandments - murderers, thieves, even IMO (opinion!) the pope for "taking the Lords name in vain".

So yeah, I've got no problem with anybody who's religious and unless they're bad people, although I'll disagree with their beliefs, I won't voice them.

Well said.

Agreed.
Mentok said:
not because I'm a Christian but because they're moral things to do
You're not a Christian because you called it BS. Just saying, I think I know what you meant though. ;)
I agree with your statement though about the extremists in any religion and there being good people in all religions.

To be honest, my views on religion is simple. They go into religions to have the mental satisfaction of why they're here and who created them but in reality it puts a blanket over their eyes, it creates their lifestyle and behaviour before they're even born. If they don't mind that fine, I've got no problem with it.

Like Joe said, only the extremists get televised, but there is certainly some very good people in this world. There are also alot of bad. A even scale.

I personally am a atheiest, for one reason. The idea of "God" is false. Correct me if I'm wrong but every religion quotes that everything needs a designer so the world is designed by God. Take a step back here? Who designed God and the person before that? It's a endless loop. The reason why were here I believe will never be discovered by man kind in the whole of eternity.

Is that an excuse ??

So you know it's wrong, and you know why it's wrong and how it's come about, but because you know all those things it's excusable ...

You're right in what you're saying, but you shouldn't have used it as a reason, it's not reasonable.

If you're going to hate something, hate the social system in the east, hate the poverty that creates the desperation that allows people to think the best option they have is to blow themselves up; but don't hate the people doing it, they are just like you and me, people.

Jonny, why does there need to be a reason in the first place, stupid isn't it ?? Do you think dogs bother themselves with why they are here ?? Also, something that always gets me, the idea of a designer; if we were designed, then we were designed very poorly, almost everything in our natural atmosphere has the ability to kill us; why would you do that, it's a bit like designing a box for a hamster that has 240v coursing through it all the time. Cosmetically, humans look bloody awful, especially us chaps. The only thing about my person that was obviously designed, is my tattoos, everything else is a bloody mess.

Last edited:
Jonny, why does there need to be a reason in the first place, stupid isn't it ?? Do you think dogs bother themselves with why they are here ?? Also, something that always gets me, the idea of a designer; if we were designed, then we were designed very poorly, almost everything in our natural atmosphere has the ability to kill us; why would you do that, it's a bit like designing a box for a hamster that has 240v coursing through it all the time. Cosmetically, humans look bloody awful, especially us chaps. The only thing about my person that was obviously designed, is my tattoos, everything else is a bloody mess.
Don't you ever wonder why you are here and why you have been created? I do, quite a bit.

Maybe because of the life cycle? There has to be pros and cons in everything. Think about it, the human body is so advanced compared to anything mankind have created. Humans are dynamic in every situation where as machine only get told do what we tell them to do. Humans can adapt to most situations and fluently understand what's going on around us. I think if anyone designed us, they did it pretty well.

I can honestly say I have never wondered that, it seems redundant for me.

I suppose you could view it as advanced, but flawed at the same time - there are places on earth humans perish in seconds if they aren't properly clothed and protected from nature, but plants have managed to evolve and survive there through the ages. If the universe was designed how come so little of it is fit for us to inhabit. I know it's a bit of a cliche, but a valid point none the less; if we were designed why are there so many terminal illnesses that nature has no cure for, why are our bodies so fragile.

I don't see a good enough reason to believe in anything supernatural, when nature makes things they are flawed, when humans make things they are flawed; there's nothing divine about that.

I can honestly say I have never wondered that, it seems redundant for me.

I suppose you could view it as advanced, but flawed at the same time - there are places on earth humans perish in seconds if they aren't properly clothed and protected from nature, but plants have managed to evolve and survive there through the ages. If the universe was designed how come so little of it is fit for us to inhabit. I know it's a bit of a cliche, but a valid point none the less; if we were designed why are there so many terminal illnesses that nature has no cure for, why are our bodies so fragile.

I don't see a good enough reason to believe in anything supernatural, when nature makes things they are flawed, when humans make things they are flawed; there's nothing divine about that.
Fair enough, I just wonder it sometimes, I don't know it just intrests me.

As said, everything has pros and cons. Plants are good and adopted in their own ways. I personally think the whole evolution theory isn't 100% correct, it doesn't quite make sense.

One of my points, I'm personally not saying someone or something designed us, it's just how we got here in the first place. How was the universe created, and how was the thing created what created the universe. You know what I mean?

If you're going to hate something, hate the social system in the east, hate the poverty that creates the desperation that allows people to think the best option they have is to blow themselves up; but don't hate the people doing it, they are just like you and me, people.

Hate isn't really productive. Colin hasn't said he hated anything, just that he hasn't chosen to follow a religion.

So poverty is the reason we have suicide-bombers? I would possibly agree with that to an extent, but there will always be poverty. Mankind wars. It's not just that they don't have enough to eat; it's about sending a message.

I don't quite see a relation between humans and dogs, on the level of a conscious mind. Of course, nothing has been proven that dogs don't have a conscious mind. Do you think dogs bother themselves with religion?

The reason plants survive there is because they evolved there. If we evolved there, we would be adapted to survive there, or we would have perished and we wouldn't be having this philosophical discussion.

I'm agreeing with you on a lack of a divine creator. There are a hell of a lot of theories suggesting there isn't, and then exceedingly few solid arguments suggesting there are.

Is that an excuse ??

So you know it's wrong, and you know why it's wrong and how it's come about, but because you know all those things it's excusable ...

You're right in what you're saying, but you shouldn't have used it as a reason, it's not reasonable.

No, it wasn't an excuse, it was an explanation. What I said in the first paragraph isn't what I believe, but what I've observed. I probably should have been more clear.

sidebar.jpg

OMG: the only evangelist around here is you stuff. That image is quite clearly meant to be a joke, to diffuse a heated discussion. It's not a challenge that needs a response, it's a joke.

For someone who can't stop talking about how his religion is being bashed, you do a fair amount of bashing yourself; it doesn't make you look good, not by a long long long way, insecure, yes, good, no ...

krakjoe said:
OMG: the only evangelist around here is you stuff. That image is quite clearly meant to be a joke, to diffuse a heated discussion. It's not a challenge that needs a response, it's a joke.
I guess you don't know what sarcasm is either. :(

Back