• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Require Linux Dedicated, Administered, Maintained server for up to 40 sites

ragcs

Hi all, new to the forum, and also second attempt to post this, so if it comes up twice very sorry about that. If admin have to delte one, delete the first one please.

I am certainly not a server guru, so any suggestions would be appreciated as well.

Have looked at things like Host Gator etc, but way too much installed on their servers.

The sites are for travel and travel information, this covers a broad area, thus the sites can grow in size.

Some server specs:
CPU - will go with recommendation
2-4 MB memory
250 GB Hard Drive to start
1.5 GD upwards bandwidth
IP address for each site
cPanel site management software
PHP version 5
PHPMyAdmin database management software
Root access (SSH - Secure Shell)
Unlimited domains/sub-domains/email accounts/MySql databases/FTP accounts.

At this stage I do not need a lot of the installed programs such as Perl etc, or things like Frontpage and web design programs either. Only what is required to run the server and sites.

What I do require is reliability and performance, at a fair and reasonable price for both of us (smile).

Have a good day
Richard

Hello,
I am glad to hear you know what do you need. OK, we can offer you too very good server configurations currently and depending on your preferences you may choose one of them.

Our US Data Center:
Dual Xeon 3.0 Ghz
8GB RAM
500GB HDD
SSH access
24/7/356 Customer and Technical Support via phone, mail and ticket system
1 Free Month
$299/month

European Data center - Amsterdam
Quad Core Intel
4GB RAM
250GB HDD (upgradeable)
SSH Access
Remote Reboot
1 Free Month
$240/month

Please feel free to contact us at any time if you wish to discuss these offers. We are prepared to install those instantly for you and both server configurations can be upgraded at any time per your request. You may contact me here or our support to find our more information.

Thank you for your time
Alexander

Hi Alexander,

I would probably lean toward the US server myself, but 299 bucks may strain the budget a bit at the moment. How much for the US server with the Amsterdam specs.

We have 18 sites under construction at the moment, but will go out 40 as time progresses.

Regards
Richard

Hi Richard, Server Complete has an offer for you!

Dual Intel Xeon 3.06GHz w/HT (2 CPU & Hyperthreading)
4GB RAM
250GB SATA Hard Drive
2,000GB Bandwidth (Upgradeable to 10Mbps unmetered)
5 IPs
cPanel Included

FREE Setup - $159.95

The server will be semi-managed and includes a complimentary server hardening.

This is a custom offer so please email sales[at]servercomplete[dot]com and request the ticket be assigned to Daniel if you want more information.

-Daniel

I just noticed you need an IP for each site... Please contact us if you are interested and we can work on that for you provided you can submit an IP justification form per ARIN's request.

Hi Richard,
Well, the price is different but I think that the Amsterdam server is with better configuration and it is a brand new Dell machine, which can be upgraded at any time. We put them on such price because the Dells are on promotion currently and I think those will be perfect for you. As for the connectivity - you may try hostcoloreurope.com and see that it is quite fast and we have there very good connections with room to grow.

If you want a Quad Core in the US data center, we have currently this configuration:
Quad Core Q6600,
2GB Ram, 160GB Drive
the price for it would be $250/month for a dedicated server. This one could be upgradeable also per your request. Please contact us phone or to our mail if you want to further discuss this.

Thank you :)
Alexander

Richard,

We can offer you a

Core2Quad
2GB Ram
250GB HDD
2000GB Premium Bandwidth
FREE SETUP
Management Included
cPanel / WHM Included

$249/month

Special offer. Please contact me if interested.

Hi all, new to the forum, and also second attempt to post this, so if it comes up twice very sorry about that. If admin have to delte one, delete the first one please.

I am certainly not a server guru, so any suggestions would be appreciated as well.

Have looked at things like Host Gator etc, but way too much installed on their servers.

The sites are for travel and travel information, this covers a broad area, thus the sites can grow in size.

Some server specs:
CPU - will go with recommendation
2-4 MB memory
250 GB Hard Drive to start
1.5 GD upwards bandwidth
IP address for each site
cPanel site management software
PHP version 5
PHPMyAdmin database management software
Root access (SSH - Secure Shell)
Unlimited domains/sub-domains/email accounts/MySql databases/FTP accounts.

At this stage I do not need a lot of the installed programs such as Perl etc, or things like Frontpage and web design programs either. Only what is required to run the server and sites.

What I do require is reliability and performance, at a fair and reasonable price for both of us (smile).

Have a good day
Richard

Please clarify 1.5 GD upwards bandwidth.

We can offer you various different processors and memory configurations.
You can check out order.cfhdeveloping.com and customize one to your needs.

As far as needing 40 Ip's 1 for each site that is not needed to have a functioning site. We can however provide it to you with justification.

We can offer you the next dedicated server:
Core2Duo E6750
2048MB DDR2 RAM
2 SATA Hard Drives of 160GB
2000GB Bandwidth on a 100Mbps Port

Monthly Price: Just 199 dollars.

Please contact us to mail@felweb.net we guarantee response in less than 20 minutes. We are also available at MSN at felweb@felweb.net 10 hours a day all week.

Hi all,

First, thank you for the replies, that gives me something to sort through.

On the IP number for each site. At this time we are with IX, and I know it is some sort of sharing set up. But on there all sites have their own IP number, I do realize there are ways to do this. But here you say to have this on a dedicated server I must justify this.

Regards
Richard

Hi Richard,
Well, the price is different but I think that the Amsterdam server is with better configuration and it is a brand new Dell machine, which can be upgraded at any time. We put them on such price because the Dells are on promotion currently and I think those will be perfect for you. As for the connectivity - you may try hostcoloreurope.com and see that it is quite fast and we have there very good connections with room to grow.

If you want a Quad Core in the US data center, we have currently this configuration:
Quad Core Q6600,
2GB Ram, 160GB Drive
the price for it would be $250/month for a dedicated server. This one could be upgradeable also per your request. Please contact us phone or to our mail if you want to further discuss this.

Thank you :)
Alexander

Hi Alexander,

Just a quick note, where I am at the moment, the US site of yours comes up faster than the Amsterdam server. About 50% of our visitors/users will be in Asia, Asia pacific region.

Regards
Richard

Hi Richard,
OK, so we may go for setting up in the US data center if this will be the better option for you. Just let me know which configuration is OK for you. Also, if you want you can provide an email and phone number where we can reach you to discuss this further.

Thanks and I am awaiting your answer.

Best Wishes
Alexander

Hi all,

First, thank you for the replies, that gives me something to sort through.

On the IP number for each site. At this time we are with IX, and I know it is some sort of sharing set up. But on there all sites have their own IP number, I do realize there are ways to do this. But here you say to have this on a dedicated server I must justify this.

Regards
Richard

Assigning an ip address to each site on the internet is not an effective use of the limited ips available on the internet. There for arin requires justification when assigning ip's for Ip-Based web hosting. http://www.arin.net/policy/archive/ipv4.html#webhosting
some valid reasons would be - SSL, virtual FTP, virtual POP. Basicaly web hosting should be done “named based” on only one IP address.

Last edited:
And would it be ok if Ips form one C-class network?

You will have to excuse my ignorance on some issues, as I said I am no guru on this, I am on a very sharp learning curve here.

I do not quite understand this one, C-Class network. Some thing like, one master IP, and the others are sub IP's, for want of better words.

Regards
Richard

Assigning an ip address to each site on the internet is not an effective use of the limited ips available on the internet. There for arin requires justification when assigning ip's for Ip-Based web hosting. http://www.arin.net/policy/archive/ipv4.html#webhosting
some valid reasons would be - SSL, virtual FTP, virtual POP. Basicaly web hosting should be done “named based” on only one IP address.

Again, please excuse my ignorance.

SSl, not right now, but later yes.

FTP, is used and required. We will have people access this site fia FTP, and not that site, type of thing.

As for the virtuals, do not quite understand there.

Regards
Richard

Hi Richard,
That means that Arin wants to know the purpose of using each IP assigned on the net and prefer to have the shared hosting sites in a virtual environment - under 1 main IP assigned for the server.

Please feel free to contact us if you have further questions and of course if you will follow up your inquiry for dedicated server.

Thank you
Alexander

Hi Alexander,

First up certainly going to do this, but want to sort it out a bit first, and as I said before I am also getting a little education here as well.

1 - It seems to get an IP for each site, then it is a server for each site.

2 - One master IP, and virtual IP's, I am told that Google, Alexa etc do not like virtual for site ranking, or give them good ranking.

These sites will go commercial, and also advertisers etc do not/will not buy into low ranked sites.

It seems to me at this stage that I should just pick out certain main sites, and buy a smaller server for each, and leave the rest on IX.

Regards
Richard

Hi Richard,
Well, I don't think you need to get a separate small server for each site as this will be expensive and I don't think you will need that at the start. Once these sites grow, then you may think of separated servers for each site. For now, it will be best if you have all sites on one server and manage them from there. However, there is no problem to have separate IP for each site. This way you will have 1 main IP for the server and then different dedicated IP for each of the sites. Google is usually OK with this, even you can use IPs from different C Class network (as it was mentioned here). This means that site A will have for example IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and site B will be with xxx.xxx.yyy.xxx, where the 'yyy' are the different C Class network. Hope that helps :) .

Best Wishes
Alexander

Back