• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Reseller/dedicated/hosting!?! differences?

tealeaves

I am looking to host a media website (articles, photos, etc). I have been looking into buying a domain and a host in the nxt couple of days.

I just want to know the difference between dedicated and a reseller host and what would be recommended in my position. I am not planning to host more than 2-3 sub-domain on my host if that helps.

(hope I dont sound too stupid :rolleyes: )

A regular shared host seems right for you. It is just space and data transfer provided by someone else who has a dedicated box or a reseller account. It includes normally email, ftp, and all the other normal features.

A reseller account is an account with lots of space and lots of transfer, and one uses it to sell shared hosting off of that space and transfer.

A dedicated host is like your PC or my PC, just hosted in some place. You get access to the whole box, it's yours. Basically: Only for huge sites and big hosts.

Thank you! But wouldn't it be cheaper than to just buy a reseller account, have more space and pay about the same? Maybe I was looking at the info wrong or the site was different. Anyway, thank you so much!

Originally posted by tealeaves
I just want to know the difference between dedicated and a reseller host.
(hope I dont sound too stupid :rolleyes: )

Dedicated: a Whole Server for you no shared Bandwith ( 500Kbps Average), an entire Hard Disk for you, you have to administer it. Cost from $130 to $500 per mont.

Reseler: a Portion of the Main Server Hard Drive for You, shared Bandwith, you don't have to administer it. Cost from $20 to $120

Here you got :D

Back