• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review My Site

<off topic>Is that why you are blue Phrozen, to make you easier on the eye? ;)</off topic>

Originally posted by DJsexie
have u guys noticed that most of the sites out there usually has either white or black background and LOTS and LOTS of blue on them...I would really like to see some variation on colors like pink, orage or purple..

A light hue of blue and white seem to be the most professional colors these days. Lot of businesses use them and they don't hurt your eyes as Phrozen said. No one is daring enough to go behind the lines and choose purple ;)

Wow, DeepList, thanks for the link! I never heard of this "Internet Explorer" before! :rolleyes:

You gave some advice to Jan, I'll give some to you. Raja, you might want to listen too: I suggest you wake up and come to grips with reality, not something you read in a "Microsoft Supermen are our Superiors" pamphlet. Neither Netscape nor Opera are "dying browsers" and IE, believe it or not, seems to have plateaued in its taking over of the browser market, some would even venture to say it's loosing ground as more and more people start weaning themselves off Microsoft. No sites are switching to "IE-only" unless you count the contentless and nameless dribble proliferating FWPs as serious websites, but even the majority of them have more sense than that.

What truly astounds me is the total lack of care in the quality of the pages these so-called "webmasters" pump out. If you make a page that so depends on one browser to look right, that shows a lacking on your part and tells you you've not done enough. One who truly cares about his website and wants it to be successful and deemed worthy by the public at large wouldn't dare mouth the words "I ... have no concern [for] Netscape users", he wouldn't dare toss away a quarter of his visitors, he wouldn't dare scoff at the complaints of those he's made the site for, he wouldn't dare release a single line of HTML if he wasn't dead-certain that it was the best he could do, and he certainly wouldn't dare releasing a single line of HTML knowing full well of its inferiority in browsers other than his own. A true webmaster should have no browser, rather he should design for everyone, for every well-known and used browser, new and old. A difficult task it may be at times, but difficulty notwithstanding it is a task that must be done if you ever intend to be taken seriously.

Further more, 20% is nothing to laugh at. We're not talking one or two out of a hundred, we're talking twenty. If I got 1000 hits in a day, I certainly wouldn't want to just blow off 200 of them with some asinine JavaScript 409 error. 30% non-IE users is even less funny. And, let's not forget the majority of Opera users are browsing under the guise of IE. If you've got ten people using Opera and actually browsing under that name you've probably got at least five, probably more, that are calling themselves Explorer. I can't begin to fathom how someone would just toss out a third or even a quarter of their visitors simply because they can't be bothered to concern themselves with them. I can't begin to comprehend the thoughts that must be rolling around your heads when you posts such things that you've posted here. I can't begin to.

Last edited:
Well then perhaps you could use it to check out my site. What version do you have. It mostly depends on what version of windows you have. I know Win95 came with IE3, and I think Win98 came with IE4.

Thank you Dusty, you saved me a lot of typing :biggrin2:

I was going to reply in kind when I woke up a bit more, but you have saved me that trouble.

Extremely well put!

Internet Explorer

I don't care what anybody says. Internet Explorer 6 is by far the best browser out there as of right now. I am however working to build a version of my site for the Netscape browser.

Originally posted by R. K. Raja

A light hue of blue and white seem to be the most professional colors these days. Lot of businesses use them and they don't hurt your eyes as Phrozen said. No one is daring enough to go behind the lines and choose purple ;)
I use the purple background for my website. Don't believe? click on the www button below this post.

Re: Internet Explorer

Originally posted by DeepList.com
I don't care what anybody says. Internet Explorer 6 is by far the best browser out there as of right now. I am however working to build a version of my site for the Netscape browser.
That, I don't really agree. I think IE 5.5 is better if you use Java.

Anyway, Opera and Netscape aren't dying browsers. They are growing everyday. BTW, I use the following browser(like an explorer of browsers:D):
Opera 6
Netscape 6.2
Mozilla 5
Internet Explorer 5.5

Anyway if you blocked Netscape, why didn't you block Opera too? Even though it doesn't look good in Netscape, you can just put "Best viewed in Internet Explorer."

Re: Re: Internet Explorer

Originally posted by trenzterra
Anyway if you blocked Netscape, why didn't you block Opera too? Even though it doesn't look good in Netscape, you can just put "Best viewed in Internet Explorer."

That is because Opera goes under the disguise of Internet Explorer. So all the people using Opera are shown as using Internet Explorer. Opera and Netscape and not growing at all. They really aren't decreasing either. Their users my be going up, because of the hundereds of new internet surfers that start everday. Then IE is going up too. But in the long-run, Internet Explorer is far more poular with over 80% of the market.

Personally I don't like it too much.... I would like it if I could view this site in netscape or OmniWeb (MacOS X browser). I hate it when sites are biased towards microsoft. There are plenty of Mac Users and PC users who won't just use any old crap microsoft pumps out.

Also why does every link on the site seem to be some money generating scheme?

Like I said in your other thread, DeepList. You don't need a Netscape version, you just need to clean up the code you've got now. Here, I've worked on it a little, now it looks identical in IE 5.x, Netscape 6.x, and Opera 6.x. Everything except the top navigation bar looks the same in Netscape 4.x as well, I could fix it, but I'd have to edit your images. It still needs some work, but there's no reason at all you couldn't do it with just one version of the site. Half the tables aren't needed and could be done away with, it would greatly speed your page's rendering time. What else would help speed your site up would be using height and width attributes for all your images, not just the few you've currently got, and using proper height and widths for your tables (the widths and heights on some of your tables and cells now are simply beyond bizarre, I can only pray you wrote them while under the influence of highly hallucinogenic drugs, they were what was causing such a problem with Netscape 4.x). Then there are little things that would make your site more compatible that wouldn't take any time at all to do. Instead of just using "alt" tags on your images, use "title" tags as well. "Title" is the proper tag to use anyway, I'd just use "alt" to keep compatible with Netscape <=4. Little things like that would greatly improve your site's compatibility, that "409 error" of yours is doing nothing.

http://www.oct2000.f2s.com/deep.html

Hey, your right! I just looked at that page using IE and Netscape. They both look almost perfect! :) Wow!

Back