• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review xboxgnome.com

jake712

Please take a look at www.xboxgnome.com. And add any suggestions, comments, and feedback. I am fully aware that the articles aren't on the site yet, but they'll look like the rest of the site.

I am trying to build a truely unique gaming site. How you might wonder? No pop-ups or pop-unders (possibly a single 250x50 banner), unbiased reviews, free mini-strategy guides, intellectually-based articles, and a forum that will have almost constant superivision. So all those jerks, get booted.

What do you think?

Your menu consists only of 5 little green buttons? You need to innovate on your menus further. Overall, the design is great, although the color scheme doesn't really fits a gaming site.

The gnome in the logo just doesn't appeal to me. If you have a little money, have somebody do a piece of custom art of a wicked looking gnome playing a console or something. This shouldn't cost any more that about $50 to have made. Also with only the 5 buttons, that design really could do with a top navigation instead of a side navigation layout. The buttons just don't seem to belong where they are currently located.

The buttons are much too small but the effect is nice. If you enlarge them and move them to the top it would look better than just those few down the side. I agree, the color scheme isn't what I would have expected on a gaming site...
Perhaps you should change your title too so that it doesn't include your domain name...I do this once and a while but it is a sort of joke so...but having the domain name in the title is a matter of preference.
The thing that needs to be changed color-wise is the background. Otherwise, the green table borders, white text and green buttons go well together. The grey subdues it...too much IMO. Perhaps if you created a more "Silver" background image to use instead it would look better...

Make the buttons on the menu a bit bigger, or perhaps add some fancy futuristic frame around them, joining them and the logo all together. Apart from that, I love it. ^_^ It suits the X Box.

yes it oes look like a gaming site...especially one for XBox...I like it a lot but try to enlarge the buttons.....that would help a lot...

Back