• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Save XP! Help! Do it Now...!

bryonhost1

Hi!
Well..it's getting close, folks. Go here and vote! Save XP!

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/

Certain people don't have to worry (cough) but normal people do..if the currrent timeline does not change..XP will not be available from normal retailers after June 30th.

Do your part! Vote! Do not let the dark side win!

Bryon

I've never bought any OS from a retailer before, only direct or when I got a factory computer. I don't see what this potition is going to do, it's Microsoft's software, it's their company. They can stop it if they want.

Makes more sense personally anyway.

Hi!
Sigh. You didn't get the memo? Balmer said: "If customer feedback varies, we can always wake up smarter."

He had been quoted before as saying that enough people demanded it..they would continue to offer/support it.

Well...even if it doesn't help...can it hurt?

Bryon

Yes but Dynash, Microsoft is pratically a monopoly, and so many things in the world depend on them. When a company gets that large, decisions shouldn't be able to be made like that. It'd cost most companies thousands if not more to switch to Vista, and Microsoft are essentially forcing them to (if they want to keep all the programs they used; and for many large organisations using mac or linux simply is not an option).

I don't see it as a option of "You have to use Vista", It's got to be more than that. It keeps things simple and easier to buy, yeah it will cost more, but if it's a choise between Vista and XP then you'd not care about the price.

It's a smart marketing capaign, if you let people buy it cheaper elsewhere then MS are still loosing that cash they could have made. They are loosing money from Vista, and still loosing money from XP, so it would be something just to cut the losses.

Not to mention, Vista is the new OS, so XP should be kept under wraps for a few years before everyone makes the change.

No way. Vista is much better, backend and frontend. XP is now only good for people who can't afford hardware for Vista.

No way. Vista is much better, backend and frontend. XP is now only good for people who can't afford hardware for Vista.
It's not exactly perfect though. Just better.
I don't hate or dislike Vista, it's just I don't see the point in the future OS's becoming more resource heavy, no wonder there is alot of computer waste these days. Isn't the future technology suppose to be "valuable", "fast" and "light"?

To be totally honest, I would also tend to agree that the future of operating systems would be served well if there was a more minimalistic approach taken.

I am not interested in the graphics of my operating system, leave that up to the programs or games that we run.

"XP is now only good for people who can't afford hardware for Vista."
Which is a constituency of millions of people who either have no need to purchase more powerful systems or simply do not feel an urge to leave an operating system which has served them relatively well.

Forcing Microsoft to not discontinue an old product is ridiculous. If someone was in the market for an operating system, why would they choose one that is going to no longer be supported by its maker soon. Even if Microsoft continues offering updates and such for XP, they'll offer updates longer for Vista.

Eventually people need to realize that Vista is just the way to go now. Go look for hardware for a new computer, It's all compatible with Vista now. Theres no reason to stick with an out-dated operating system any longer.

Why not tell them to keep selling Windows 95 while you're at it? That has even lower hardware requirements than XP.

It's not about the hardware. This is most likely just to make Microsoft more money, since they never got the responce they intended from the start of Vista.

Hi!
Shucks! I'll do it for you! Just pm with the info..(not).

Seriously..it's for a good cause.

Viva La revolutionia! <<idn't it kool? I just invented it!

Back