• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Save XP! Help! Do it Now...!

I don't see why people have a problem with Vista. From my experience it's a very stable operating system. I had more problems using XP with random BSODs and allsorts. So far I've had no problems at all using Vista.

[JSH]John;997319 said:
So far I've had no problems at all using Vista.

I love Vista as much as any loyal Vista user, but lets not lie to these poor people.

I've had some compatibility issues with older games and such, as well as that whole iTunes retardedness that's now supposed to be fixed.

I've had a couple blue screens as well, but I'm usually the cause.

BUT... from what i've seen, anyone that doesn't like Vista has only had... less than 30 minutes to play with it. I didn't love it at first either, until I actually used it for a week or so and got familiar with just how perfect is truly is.

:p Anything to protect the interwebs from pointless petitions :)

On another note, I'm going to start a petition to stop petitions. Anyone want to help?

Hi!
More developments for you "Vista is ok..let XP die" crowd:

http://www.businessweek.com/technol...?chan=top+news_top+news+index_news+++analysis

Seems big business doesn't want VISTA...as do many, many consumers.

On a brighter note..I did find that for those who have XP...no worries about Uncle Bill and Co pulling the plug anytime soon. I did see a 2011 date on that..at least.

>>>Oh..another thing..system builders are excluded from this June deadline. We can continue to put XP on 'kit until January 2009 using downgrade rights..something I found out about many moons ago.

>>>>>Correction: System builders can license XP to put on systems until the january 2009 date as well.

learn more here:

http://www.crn.com/software/207401680

Bryon

Last edited:

that's because they are businesses, doesn't mean it's crap.
If you're a business it's better to be safe than sorry, and not to rush into it.
I know a friend who had to fix 200 computers because XPSP3 was installed on them recently, XP isn't that good either.

Hi!
I've got one more thing to say..and that will be it for me on this topic.

Many of you have called this a "pointless" campaign.

Did you even bother to look at how many people signed this so-called
"pointless" petition?

As of June 8-208,043. Yes..that number is even corrected for duplicate votes from the same ip address.

Pointless? Blah.

Bryon

Last edited:
Compare that number to the amount of people that use and own a copy of XP. Then it makes it pointless.

bryonhost1 said:
Hi!
More developments for you "Vista is ok..let XP die" crowd:

http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...;2B+ analysis

Keyword: big business!

Who cares what corporations do and don't do. Fact is, most people who think Vista sucks doesn't have a powerful enough computer to run it...

Plus, if we're going to switch to anything else... it would be Linux not Mac ;)

Back