• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Script for selling Designs?

Dan

Bullah
NLC
I am planning on teaming up with a friend or two to sell some designs and need a good script for doing it.
Want something that's fully customizable and easy to integrate with a website layout.

I know there are shopping cards like Cube and OsCommerce etc, but need something that is more specifically in line of what we are selling (website templates, Joomla themes, Logos, Banners etc).

If anyone knows of anything out there, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks.

Hi Dan,
This may be a silly question, but why not use Joomla + VirtueMart plugin?

- Vince

Virtuemart is ok but very buggy to be honest, and if you go to support with any issues, they always say:

1) There's a server issue
2) It's Joomla's problem
3) It's how you installed it

So, although it is a good script for such a project, it's not something I am going to place first on my list. :)

If this helps Dan, for the next version of cP Creator I'll be creating a downloads area which'll have paid abilities. It won't really be a full CMS just the area with previews, information etc.

Only other option I can think of is using standard HTML pages with Paypal button created by a great digital download ordering system called SmartDD.com

There is a lite version you can get for free.
Very secure - generates unique URL's for download which can be set to expire as you wish.

- Vince

Dan, check out:

http://www.sourceworkshop.com/

the membership management is great, intergrates fantastically with paypal. use it for each tempalte - simply use it to allow members access to the .zip download for the template in the members area. It's a piece of cake, and a competant php programmer could do it in a couple of days.

@ Jonny' Sounds great man.

@ JohnN Thanks for that. Have it bookmarked.

@Vincenzo Thanks for the suggestions etc.

Back