• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

SERVAGE - the worst hosting company ever!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dymo310

from personal experiance, i would like to share this information with all and anyone who would like to know:

i am a SERVAGE customer, not very happy. from the top of their head they have deleted 70GB (70 GIGS!!!!) of my very own and private MP3 files, claiming the files are illegal (or copyrighted content, like they call it).

it seems SERVAGE dont know that all such content are copyprotected, even if it is mine, yours or whoevers. that does not mean that it is illegal.

when asking SERVAGE for a reason, the give me non. when asking why this was done with no warning, they dont answer. when asking to show just cause by their ToS, the give me some nonsense qoutes, without any meaning at all.

from other SERVAGE customers i have heard that if your choose this company for hosting, you better not have a) much traffic, or b) use much of the space you pay for, cause they will DISABLE you account and/or DELETE the content.

i have choosen to stop all my business with SERVAGE and i have sent a transcript of the "support-ticket" to my lawyers in germany. they will sue SERVAGE for damages and compansation - and then some.

SERVAGE is the worst hosting company i have ever seen and experianced in the last 10 years - and i am working with approx 20 of them on a daily basis. these a-holes cant see a lawsuit comming even if it was staring them right in the face!!!!

stay away from servage!!!

:cry2:

If you plan to sue you better have a receipt for all 70Gigs of those MP3's and I guarantee you do not.

I would guess if you had 70 Gigs of MP3's sitting on a server you were running bittorrent or allowing downloads in which case is a violation of almost EVERY COMPANY's TOS.

Complain all you want...but I haven't even went as far as look at servage's website so I don't know anything about them but I do know if it had been on one of my boxes, you would had been given 3 days to provide proof of ownership and/or remove the MP3's. At which point if you did not we would delete them and remove your account.

EDIT: And really....after looking $7.50/month for 110GB disk space...what do you expect?

Last edited:
The issue here is the right to distribute the work. In the vast majority of cases, buying an mp3 or a CD doesn't give you the right to distribute the file/music.

Last edited:
ecsportal said:
If you plan to sue you better have a receipt for all 70Gigs of those MP3's and I guarantee you do not.

I would guess if you had 70 Gigs of MP3's sitting on a server you were running bittorrent or allowing downloads in which case is a violation of almost EVERY COMPANY's TOS.

Complain all you want...but I haven't even went as far as look at servage's website so I don't know anything about them but I do know if it had been on one of my boxes, you would had been given 3 days to provide proof of ownership and/or remove the MP3's. At which point if you did not we would delete them and remove your account.

EDIT: And really....after looking $7.50/month for 110GB disk space...what do you expect?

*lol* i expected SERVAGE to be what they claim to be - but they are not. they are a bunch of liers and cheaters - every one of them.

with regard to proof:

it is not up to me to provide proof of purchase (even if i can trace each and every object) but to them to proof that the files are illegal (something they are not.

also: there was NO access given to anyone, something traffic prooves. the obnly one with access to the files was me.

last: if they have given me notice, i would offcourse have removed the files from the server.

stay away from SERVAGE - the worst cheaters on Internet!

:eek:

ldcdc said:
The issue here is the right to distribute the work. In the vast majority of cases, buying an mp3 or a CD doesn't give you the right to distribute the file/music.

what is this distribution talk? who is distributing anything?

i placed the files on the server because of a major diskservice on one of my own local servers. €8 for 70GB space seemed ok. they also informed me that they did backup of all content - included in the price - in writing *lol*

i have NOT distributed anything - and the traffic and usage shows that. there have been no access other than upload and storage of the files.

:confused4

PS:
buying a CD or digital content - and storing it either a) locally, or b) on external server, does NOT break or come in conflict with any law, ToS or AUP.

Last edited:
You should have done your homework. $7.50 for all that space + bandwidth...You have to be kidding. Don't go with services like that. That would normally go for about, $45/mo. (+) maybe more... That's giving almost a server or half of a servers HD.

Anyways, sorry to hear this. But, you have the blame it on yourself a bit too.

Chief said:
You should have done your homework. $7.50 for all that space + bandwidth...You have to be kidding. Don't go with services like that. That would normally go for about, $45/mo. (+) maybe more... That's giving almost a server or half of a servers HD.

Anyways, sorry to hear this. But, you have the blame it on yourself a bit too.

*lol* i blame Servage - the worst hosting company in the wolrd!

:devious2:

I wouldn't say worst company in the wolrd, there are worse companies in the wolrd. lol @dymo

When you place a huge amount of copyrighted files in a hosting account from where the public could potentially access them, the red flags of any host will rise, and many will take some type of action.

From http://www.servage.net/show/?menuHeader=4&menuSub=13&page=about_aup
However, in accordance with our TOS (Terms of Service), we may remove any materials that, in our sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject us to liability, or which may violate this AUP.

ldcdc said:
When you place a huge amount of copyrighted files in a hosting account from where the public could potentially access them, the red flags of any host will rise, and many will take some type of action.

From http://www.servage.net/show/?menuHeader=4&menuSub=13&page=about_aup

this is not a question of the legallity of the files - Servage could have asked me to remove them, at the very least - it is a question about a hosting service fooling customers by promising HUGE space (110GB) and LOTS of traffic (1110GB - 1.11TB no less) for only € 8 / month.

anyone who uploads anything close to this - or generate traffic in the vicinity of what the promise - getz their account(s) disabled and/or deleted - without warning.

its a HOX, alltogether.

dymo310 said:
this is not a question of the legallity of the files - Servage could have asked me to remove them, at the very least - .
They did, and gave you three days to do so. Since you didnt remove them, they did.

Bottom line, read the TOS carefully before signing up with a host.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back