• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ServerOrigin.com - HORRIBLE

megaforcetkd

Wow, I paid over a $100.00 bucks and my server went down after less than TWO months. They never refunded me ANYTHING and ignored all but one of my emails, and hung up on me when I called. I'm only 15, so that 100 USD loss is a lot to me. I recently sent them yet ANOTHER email, so hopefully I get a response soon, but I honestly doubt I will - I wonder why?

My Email

Hello,

Your company has wasted hours of my time trying to get my server back up, after it being up only for less than TWO months after payment for my VPS. I have sent you countless emails, and have received one reply stating that you would do whatever it took to rectify the terms broken in our legal agreement following payment for my server; however, you have failed to do so, and I have not received even a fraction of the $109.00 that I paid, leaving me down a few hundred dollars, because all my sites that were hosted on my VPS are now COMPLETELY WORTHLESS, and are no longer generating revenue from the AdSense ads that were placed on the pages.

I would appreciate a refund or something of the sort. Your company has robbed me of any hope of starting my business on the internet, leaving me with no future plans to pursue related to the creation and/or selling of websites. I now no longer have any need of your so called "service", so a refund would be nice. It has now been nearly half a year since my payment, and as a young entrepreneur, all the money I have spent that does not get me what I paid for is money wasted, and that money rightfully belongs to me. What I want is a refund for the 4 months of hosting that I did not receive - I only paid half price because of the coupon posted on FreeWebSpace.net.

My server IP - 75.xxx.xx.xxx

Regards,

Alex

Wow, I paid over a $100.00 bucks and my server went down after less than TWO months. They never refunded me ANYTHING and ignored all but one of my emails, and hung up on me when I called. I'm only 15, so that 100 USD loss is a lot to me. I recently sent them yet ANOTHER email, so hopefully I get a response soon, but I honestly doubt I will - I wonder why?

I'm only 15
- you can't complain as your not age to have a financial transactional account, how did you pay ?

If you paid $100 for one or even 2 months what a bargain

Take it up with them, defamation is an offence that will get your parents in trouble.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Maybe his (assuming he's a guy) parents took care of the financial part (or let him use their account) and he just works with the servers.

True Dini, but who is the account holder and more was it the actual physical server that had problems, or just they're VPS.

One learning phrase though is
and as a young entrepreneur
part of the curve, $100 not a lot to learn a valuable lesson that could cost them thousands in future.

Hey guys. Haven't checked this thread for a while - moved so I haven't had access to a computer to check FWS for a while. Yes, the financial part was taken care of by my dad. I've already sent them numerous email regarding this, and yet, no action has been taken. The $100.00+ was for 6 months - it was stated clearly in their thread and on the site during the promotional period. I have already reported them a while ago to some web site dealing with fradualent sites, but haven't heard anything yet.

Alex, if you/ your dad used paypal to pay you can request a repayment via paypal. They can not ignore this, if they do it will go to a paypal representative and they will either force a repayment or say you will not get it back. If you explain to them what happened you are likely to get repaid.

Hey guys. Haven't checked this thread for a while - moved so I haven't had access to a computer to check FWS for a while. Yes, the financial part was taken care of by my dad. I've already sent them numerous email regarding this, and yet, no action has been taken. The $100.00+ was for 6 months - it was stated clearly in their thread and on the site during the promotional period. I have already reported them a while ago to some web site dealing with fradualent sites, but haven't heard anything yet.

$109.00 for 6 months service. Seems sorta cheap dont you think? And how did you get ads on your page? Dont you have to be over 18 to do that sort of thing?

what were your domain names you had on the server?

Have your Dad contact paypal and ask for a repayment as was suggested. Whole thing smells fishy to me.

and might ServerOrigin.com be so kind to step into the thread and clear this up?

Good Luck with your refund

tumble

Claiming a chargeback from Paypal is a sound idea, it would be also great to hear something from serverorigin.com.

Agrees on the Fishyness.

ServerOrigin.com has some pretty large partners. Not sure how this all happend.

Would love to hear from them.

I think if it is 15 years old,he can use paypal payments,credits,etc(any younger of 14 years old and above is freely to use anything that his/her parents give)
Now,you can open a ticket at paypal and request money back.

I think that the behaviour of serverorigin was very unprofessional if all these happened as megaforcetkd says.

Regards,

Back