• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

should I run xp/vista 64bit on a quad with 4GB ram?

lol wtf more ram?

Why buy crap you dont need?
I can play all my games on this + wtf could a quad do to use more than 4GB of ram at a time, LBH it aint that powerful I agree with a i7 having 8GB although they are still a old tech processor in my eyes, to really have a use for a high amount of ram we need a new series of more powerful processors.

I tried xp 64bit and indeed it is ----, ill get a copy of vista soonish.

Hmm.. just note that some programs may not work as well on Vista. My Steam Games work no more in Vista - unlike in XP, when it did. Now, somehow, I always hang at 'Establishing Connection to Server...'.

Thinking back, I switched back to XP previously because of this. Now, forgetting that incident (which has since resurfaced), i've switch to Vista, again.

Lol.

Hmm.. just note that some programs may not work as well on Vista. My Steam Games work no more in Vista - unlike in XP, when it did. Now, somehow, I always hang at 'Establishing Connection to Server...'.

Thinking back, I switched back to XP previously because of this. Now, forgetting that incident (which has since resurfaced), i've switch to Vista, again.

Lol.

Never got that issue on Vista or 7 (they're the same kernel) seems like a networking issue not an OS one

dont forget vista was ---- before SP1

still is in my opinion but it doesn't mean THAT didn't work with Vista RTM

Also .Bobby said that the problem resurfaced so I'm assuming he is back on Vista and I'm also guessing he as installed SP1 meaning that the problem is omnipresent whether he is on Vista RTM or SP1.

I got some vista 64 going and its a hell load faster than the 32bit xp I was running,
PC sits at about 800mbs ram usage idle and when I play GTA4 gos up to 2.5GB or something but eitherway there is heaps for everything, im quite happy with it except the lack of support for software such as flash in 64bit browsers.
Some of my older games I have had to play with massivly to get them working, they just arnt made for 64bit vista lol but almost everything works.

When windows 7 is released I will order a copy of the top version but by that time I will prob have a new PC again anyway the way hardware is going these days.

Last edited:
I got some vista 64 going and its a hell load faster than the 32bit xp I was running,
PC sits at about 800mbs ram usage idle and when I play GTA4 gos up to 2.5GB or something but eitherway there is heaps for everything, im quite happy with it except the lack of support for software such as flash in 64bit browsers.
Some of my older games I have had to play with massivly to get them working, they just arnt made for 64bit vista lol but almost everything works.

When windows 7 is released I will order a copy of the top version but by that time I will prob have a new PC again anyway the way hardware is going these days.

Does Steam Games with for ya?

Back