• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Should polls be limited to one a week?

One poll per week?

• Yes Please!!!!!

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • No, should be able to make one when I feel like it!

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Other - comments please.

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jan

Forum Cleaner
NLC
It seems a few members are getting peed off with all the polls and here I am making another one :p

How about we limit it to one a week?

You do realise how ironic this thread is right :classic2:

They don't really bother me, normally i just skip past them anyway.

No.

Anyway, I like these polls.

Last time, it was just boring old discussions.

Now at least we have some polls, more discussions, more fun.

How about we just do away with polls all together?

I don't ever vote in them, not even in my own. :p

Polls can server a purpose sometimes, but look at the ones currently on the front page:

Poll: Should polls be limited to one a week?
Poll: Have you clicked a sponsorship link by accident?
Poll: Is the earth flat?
Poll: Smoke?
Poll: Drink?
Poll: Are you sick of polls?
Poll: Hotmail
Poll: Best Server OS
Poll: What's the Best FTP program?

Really, nothing of importance. I guess when I think of it, Polls are really pointless. I looked through, nothing interesting : http://freewebspace.net/forums/sear...d=163831&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

At least I found one good poll: http://freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27923&highlight=poll

Originally posted by Weirds
Don't let it exceed the daily limit: 5/day
That's still a lot...

Personally, I don't care. If I find the poll topic boring, I just skip the whole thing. Same goes to all threads.

Everybody knows the results are usually inaccurate. So it doesn't matter whether there is a poll attached to a thread or not. In other words, poll threads don't annoy me any more than normal threads. To me, they're pretty much the same thing.

I come by now and then to see if there's anything new and interesting. If there's nothing to see, or if I'm done, X.

Back