• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Should Youhosting resellers be banned here?

Everyone can do this by researching the host and using the report button to provide the moderators with the information needed to remove problematic hosts.

This argument comes up regularly, and not having PayPal is absolutely no excuse. Most hosts will accept credit cards, cash, check, Western Union, bank transfer, etc. Why everybody from other countries brings up the "no PayPal" argument constantly makes no sense to me. I guess they just want everything for free. Who knows?
If this argument comes regularly there must be a reason. You should work with people that dont have money but good intentions.

For the scammers etc, yea disallow them.

If this argument comes regularly there must be a reason. You should work with people that dont have money but good intentions.

That's the thing...they never say they don't have money. They'll never admit to that. They just try the "My country doesn't have PayPal" BS. Then when I hit them with 5 or 6 other ways of sending me the money, they just go away.

That's the thing...they never say they don't have money. They'll never admit to that. They just try the "My country doesn't have PayPal" BS.

Well, have you ever seen PayPal's strict rules? And the problems people from outside face? Google "paypal problems" or "paypal <your best bad word here>". It is not BS, it is true, unfortunately, for some.

Then when I hit them with 5 or 6 other ways of sending me the money, they just go away.

Well, have you thought why they do that? First of all, they may not have the money to pay for all. When some post what they want, and their proposed budget, you slap them with a "please raise your budget" request. I've also seen a guy say "its that cost with a ads". For that I'd stick with unreliable free hosting. Another thing you said is "If you can't raise your budget, find a sponsor". That's what most people do, but you're disallowing them from advertising? Give me a break, but if all these requirements gets to be a rule, outside people that do not know will say "You're nuts" and will go away. You can also google "US dollar exchange rates", and also bandwith in some countries is SO expensive, that packages are smaller and costly, thats why also they will stick with free hosting, atleast it does not give you headaches.
Another thing is, what happen when they forget they are paying by western union and you slap them with a late fee they can even struggle to pay? They'll go to free hosts. How do you process them? You mark there bills as paid? That can be done for free with ads too.

In the end, think before spewing something like that.

Last edited:
I read alot that companies who offer cobrand/free account dont care for the free clients
companies who offer free reseller accounts need to have decent service or will not get any paid upgrades

Paying or not does not make any difference, bad service and scams can come from anyone, eg there is a host (host 1 free) and all know what methods he use for get upgrades and his scam free affiliate program
but he is not a free reseller , he pay for the hosting that offer but this does not stop him for be a bad name in the hosting business

The problem with cobrand/free resellers is that almost all offer the same thing, space, bandwidth etc
but even inside the cobrand/free resellers you can find some who have some uniqueness.
my opinion is that those have to be allowed to post offer as any other host here

there is cobranded hosts that is in the business for long time and have a client base way bigger than most of the free hosts who post offers here
eg host-ed . net (resellercluser)
gofreeserve . com (byet)
note: i do not own any of those

Why the owners of those hosts not to be able to post offers ? and how they are less reliable than the free host who post offer ???

Why i choose to be a reseller/cobrand ?
I have money to pay for 1,2,3 dedicated servers but as im one person business i do not have have time and the knowledge for
- maintain the servers and keep them secure
- fight abuse
- fight fraud
- take care billing
- offer customer support
- etc
so i choose to let some-one else to that for me (the cobrand reseller) and me to focus on my site promotion

Last edited:
Well, have you ever seen PayPal's strict rules? And the problems people from outside face? Google "paypal problems" or "paypal <your best bad word here>". It is not BS, it is true, unfortunately, for some.

Yes, I'm aware of PayPal's strict rules. But with 99% of the people I have dealt with, it has just been an excuse. That's not the real reason. They have no intention of ever paying, but rather use that an excuse so somehow I feel sorry for them.

Well, have you thought why they do that? First of all, they may not have the money to pay for all.

They should look for a free host somewhere then, not a paid host.

When some post what they want, and their proposed budget, you slap them with a "please raise your budget" request.

Absolutely! With most of the requests, the host would quite literally be losing money on the deal. They wouldn't be able to sustain the cost of the server.

Another thing you said is "If you can't raise your budget, find a sponsor". That's what most people do, but you're disallowing them from advertising?

I'm disallowing who from advertising? What the hell are you talking about? This thread isn't about disallowing sponsorships or free hosts. It's about disallowing co-branded free hosts. Have you actually read this thread and understand what it's about? Doesn't sound like it.

You can also google "US dollar exchange rates"

I don't care about the exchange rate at all, nor about how little money people have in other countries. I'm not in the business of providing a charity for other countries. Perhaps the people in the other countries should concentrate on working instead of building websites.

Another thing is, what happen when they forget they are paying by western union and you slap them with a late fee they can even struggle to pay?

I'm very understanding when it comes to late fees, as long as there is communication. If you don't pay your bills, you're done, just like I am if I don't pay my server bills, my mortgage on my house, my car payment, etc. But I understand that sometimes things happen, sometimes payments come late, etc. As long as you let me know in advance, I'm normally happy to work something out.

I have one client, for example, who was between jobs. He asked me if I could shut his site down for a couple months (though keep it on the server), and he would pay for everything as soon as he got back. I just kept his site up for him, gave it to him free for 3 months, and now he's back and a very happy client. Had he just gone missing for 3 months without any advanced communication, yeah, he would have been gone, absolutely.

I have probably 20% of my business that pays with cash, check/echeck, transfer, or Western Union, so I understand that sometimes, those payments come in late. Echecks are the big one, since they normally take an extra week or so to clear. It's no big deal.

I have money to pay for 1,2,3 dedicated servers but as im one person business i do not have have time and the knowledge for
- fight abuse
- fight fraud
- take care billing
- offer customer support
- etc

So why in the world would you open a web hosting "business" if you don't have the knowledge or the time? That would be like me opening a pawn shop or travel agency or something. I mean, I'm not trying to be silly here, but you do realize how ridiculous that sounds right? "I want to run a business, but I don't have the time, and I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing." Sounds a little worse when I say it? :)

So why in the world for open a web hosting "business" you have to do everything by your self ???

Exactly my point! Perhaps people with no knowledge or time shouldn't try to run businesses, or should instead wait until they have a reasonable investment to hire employees and personnel who do understand the industry.

Nobody is stopping anyone from getting a free reseller and trying to open a free/paid service. What the point of this thread is to prevent such hosts from posting offers.

Exactly my point! Perhaps people with no knowledge or time shouldn't try to run businesses, or should instead wait until they have a reasonable investment to hire employees and personnel who do understand the industry.

why shouldn't try ???
a setup like that can offer better services than an one-man do it all business
why each part will do what knows best

prevent to post offers ...
why they are different ?
why they cant offer good service ?
why they are too many ?

please specify why ?

Simply put, it was deemed a co-branded reseller by the owner of FWS. Co-branded hosts are not allowed to post offers here as per the owner's rules.

Personally I would say that these cookie cutter hosts that come here have absolutely no experience in hosting anyone and ruined the chance for others. I feel that if someone cannot put the effort, both physical and financial, into a host to show they are truly dedicated, they should not be able to post their service. I have been here almost 10 yrs and have seen so many hosts falter for one reason or another. The ones that remained are the ones that pay for their servers or resell from a longstanding provider.

Most free reseller hosts have no clue how to handle customer complaints (as a vast majority are underage ignorant children). There are too many hosts that pop up and have literally nothing to lose since they never paid for anything.

Most free reseller hosts have no clue how to handle customer complaints (as a vast majority are underage ignorant children). There are too many hosts that pop up and have literally nothing to lose since they never paid for anything.

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Sain Cai again." Damn it! :D

You can basically sum up the 8 pages of this thread with those two sentences. Nicely said Mr. Cai.

i totally agree, but there is a small problem with your statement ,we are not talking for all the free resellers but for just a few selected established free resellers

if there is 1000 free resellers only 4-5 will take the right to post offers here

- fight abuse
- fight fraud
- take care billing
- offer customer support
- etc
so i choose to let some-one else to that for me (the cobrand reseller) and me to focus on my site promotion

If you do not know how to maintain servers and secure them, how do you think you are able to answer when users is asking you about the safety of the server?
Example, if you use Youhosting, when a user is asking you about the ddos protection of the servers, how do you answer the user while there is no info about what kind of security system is Youhosting using?

- fight abuse
Nope, you can't avoid abusers by using a co-branded reseller hosting.
In fact, free hosting that is under co-branded reseller hosting, have higher abuse rate, more abusers will signup and use the hosting for building phishing sites.

- take care billing
Erm... do you know that there are tons of billing system available for cpanel hosting?
There paid ones and even free ones.
And these billing systems are much better than the Youhosting ones, as you can customize them as you want.

- offer customer support
Youhosting only handle the support ticket that you unable to answer, and that is only available on the most expensive VIP upgrades.
And well, if you really escalate all your tickets to them, it shows that you still need to learn a lot more before you even offering hosting services.

If you do not know how to maintain servers and secure them, how do you think you are able to answer when users is asking you about the safety of the server?
Example, if you use Youhosting, when a user is asking you about the ddos protection of the servers, how do you answer the user while there is no info about what kind of security system is Youhosting using?

how possible is to get questions like that from free hosting users ? (i do not offer paid hosting at youhosting)
also at resellercluster i do not answer tickets, resellercluster support do it for me

Nope, you can't avoid abusers by using a co-branded reseller hosting.
In fact, free hosting that is under co-branded reseller hosting, have higher abuse rate, more abusers will signup and use the hosting for building phishing sites.
all the free hosts with instant activation will get lots abusers, at resellercluster they will do all the work, i do not have any access for check or cancel accounts.
at youhosting they take care spam etc, i only can help with phishing sites
so most work done from them

Erm... do you know that there are tons of billing system available for cpanel hosting?
There paid ones and even free ones.
And these billing systems are much better than the Youhosting ones, as you can customize them as you want.
Yes i know most of the billing system but i do not offer paid hosting at you hosting, i use them only for the free clients
if someone wants to upgrade i send him to ipage

Youhosting only handle the support ticket that you unable to answer, and that is only available on the most expensive VIP upgrades.
And well, if you really escalate all your tickets to them, it shows that you still need to learn a lot more before you even offering hosting services.
at resellercluster i do not have to answer to support tickets, they do it
at youhosting i have VIP account and yes i escalate tickets to them when is about things that i do not control

i don't think so
i awser support tickets
i spent days working on my website

You do now, because you just started it.
But in a vew weeks you won't be answering anything, as you don't know what is going on because they don't answer your tickets.

You do now, because you just started it.
But in a vew weeks you won't be answering anything, as you don't know what is going on because they don't answer your tickets.
i always tryed to provide the best support i went to youhosting because i got tired of p2h reseller going down
my uptime is staby at 99.099%

Back