• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Shoutcast?

AAZZ

Sorry if wrong forum.

I have been seeing so many posts about shoutcast. Shoutcast sites, hosting, etc..

What is exactly shoutcast? I tried googling it but got multiple answers and a little confuse.

Anyone?

-Thanks

Shoutcast is...
RAIDO
:D online streaming software
www.shoutcast.com
:)
Make your own radio station etc
Steam via a winamp plugin
Able to listen to the stream via windows media winamp itunes etc..
I make a fair bit of my money from selling shoutcast

Last edited:
Shoutcast refers to audio / video streaming live on the website. A live example for the same is youtube.comhttp://

No it's not youtube is a totally different method of streaming.

however in the matter of space, its requirements are specifically very highhttp://

Again no it's not - a 'radio' quality (say 24kbps) live stream requires very little actual space and transfer amounts.

yes your right decker cause they are diffrent normal streaming uses mainly bandwidth but video uses space and bandwidth!!!:beer:

Once you have a taken a shoutcast package and are up and running, do you need any licenses or anything to be allowed to stream all types of music etc?

If it's all 'owned' by you then it should be alright, but if the material is anyone elses you need to get permission which usually involves paying.

You need licences to play copyright music yes.

EDIT: You can get a licence to stream any and all music from streaming licence people :p

Last edited:
and if you're serious about it, you can stop using winamp and use Sam Broadcaster... which is like... mmmmmmm excellent.

By the time you add SAM to SC hosting it can add up, especially if it's free/owned content. If it's commercial content I couldn't agree more a worthwhile investment.

Back