• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Show off your HDDs here

trenzterra

NLC
Mine:

1) Toshiba MK2018GAP 2.5" 20GB HDD (IDE)
2) Western Digital Caviar 2000JB 200GB HDD (IDE, connected via FireWire using a HDD enclosure)

BTW I'm not sure whether mine is a Caviar SE or a normal Caviar... how do I check? Or are all Caviars SE?

Desktop
1x 20Gb
1x 80Gb
1x 160Gb sata

TravelMate 2300 (2303LMI)
40Gb

TravelMate 520iT
9Gb

Last edited:
This does get tiring.

2 x 250GB (Seagate Barracude)
1 x 80GB ("")
1 x 120GB (WD - Not sure why. could have been a good deal).
1 x 20GB (WD - Got it free from Newegg).

1 x 200GB Seagate
1 x 120GB Western Digital USB
1 x 40GB Laptop

Upgrading over Christmas. I'm running out of space really quick on my PC/USB. Probably going to add around 200-400GB. Anyone know if I can run IDE and SATA drives at the same time? I can't find anywhere in my ASUS manual. It'd be nice if I could add two SATA 200GB's and the spare 50GB IDE I have at home.

Nick said:
Anyone know if I can run IDE and SATA drives at the same time? I can't find anywhere in my ASUS manual. It'd be nice if I could add two SATA 200GB's and the spare 50GB IDE I have at home.

Yes, you can. I have...

200GB WD SATA
40GB SG IDE
8GB QF IDE

since you already use sata, you should know, that its a bitch to get them working sometimes, but that shouldn't be a problem

I wanted that model (but 200GB version) but they haven't imported it in.

The 7200.8s are good.

BTW storage is so darn cheap. You can get a GB for like 50c (US$).

Last edited:
You guys are frickin rich --- people....damn...here I am on my 30GB hard drive that came with my $400 Dell computer with 128 MB of RAM... :(

And my other 6 year old HP computer has a massive 9 GB hard drive...

BTW can the memory in Dell computers be upgraded? Cus my HP has more memory than my Dell...haha...

Yes, the memory in Dell computers can be upgraded. I recommend you check out crucial.

I have a massive 40gig hard-drive, and a whole whopping 256meg of ram.

If its old, you might have a hard time finding the right type of RAM - you might even have to ask Dell if you can buy it off them .___.

Internal:
  • 250GB Maxtor 7200rpm SATA
  • 250GB Maxtor 7200rpm SATA

External:
  • 500GB LaCie Big Disk Extreme

Back