• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Siko Hosting still down

msrosie

Siko hosting is still down, been down since April 13 or earlier. I have not received a refund for my April payment of which I got a max. of 8 days out of. I am hoping that PayPal will, after the obligatory 20 days of waiting for a response from them, look at it and issue a refund. I have found a new webhost and so far, am happy with them.

I'm wondering if anyone else from here was with them? Have you had any luck getting your money back?

The guy has been on MSN a few times. I suggest you talk to him if you have it ;) He's on now actually :)

Eggor the owner said hes still working on his server and it should be back soon , seems awfully long though to be down

Honestly, I don't think you have a great chance of getting your money back unless you go through PayPal. I could be wrong but they have been down a long time and haven't even issued a refund so I doubt they would at this point.

I did pay with PayPal and have opened a dispute. He responded to them and told them the "item was shipped". If he means service was provided, it's pretty easy to see it hasn't been. PayPal is looking into it and hopefully they will determine a refund is warranted. It's not so much the money I'm after, it's the principle of it. He should not be able to profit from denying his users service.

I did pay with PayPal and have opened a dispute. He responded to them and told them the "item was shipped".
Paypal should require a tracking number from him. With paypal shipped means shipped, and for a seller to win a dispute the seller must provide the tracking number. You need to point out that the item was never shipped as this was a virtual item. You should easily win the dispute.

Very true, you can take the dispute to the next level and state as it was a service/rental of a physical product (important bit that ;) ) then it could never have been 'shipped' so the vendor has misrepresented.

its sad how people leave things un-finshed fair enough if your going to close down but you should do it the right way or GTFO :D

Back