• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Small Downtime

HostingExtreme

Currently I am fixing the server that some of you are hosted on...If your hosted by hostingextreme or hostultra...

Unfortunately I think I made a error while changing the hostname of the server and the techs are on it now....Just wanted to let everyone know...

I expect it to be back up within 30 min

Jon
Hostingextreme

I would say the better way of informing his clients would be sending an email to each person or posting this problem on his message forum.

Really, this is not a support forum.
And it is only a 30 mins downtime, why bother posting it?

Originally posted by Dumbbell69
I would say the better way of informing his clients would be sending an email to each person or posting this problem on his message forum.

Really, this is not a support forum.
And it is only a 30 mins downtime, why bother posting it?

because he is a responsible guy. Also, Jon promised 100% uptime in his offer.

Originally posted by allanh

because he is a responsible guy. Also, Jon promised 100% uptime in his offer.

Yeah, responsible. If he is reponsible, there wouldn't be any downtime at all.
Actually, I am not dislike the host. Is just that I don't like the way they do things. Like Unlimited Space, Bandwidth, 100% Uptime. This is just unrealistic. I think he is just living in a dream world.
Besides, this is our free web space discussion board, they can't use it for their support forum? you know what I mean?
And here, not everyone has an account with him and I think this really isn't the place for announcing his downtime or whatever.

Lets say there are hundred members providing hosting on this forum, do you think it will be very annoying if they post their updates, downtimes, etc right here... this place will become a spam board if we don't take any actions to resolve this problem at the beginning.

Originally posted by Dumbbell69

Yeah, responsible. If he is reponsible, there wouldn't be any downtime at all.
Actually, I am not dislike the host. Is just that I don't like the way they do things. Like Unlimited Space, Bandwidth, 100% Uptime. This is just unrealistic. I think he is just living in a dream world.
Besides, this is our free web space discussion board, they can't use it for their support forum? you know what I mean?
And here, not everyone has an account with him and I think this really isn't the place for announcing his downtime or whatever.

Lets say there are hundred members providing hosting on this forum, do you think it will be very annoying if they post their updates, downtimes, etc right here... this place will become a spam board if we don't take any actions to resolve this problem at the beginning.
he didn't give us unlimited. we got 100mb space, 20gb bw

Dumbbell69 i think your pick and mixing features from hostultra and hostingextreme here

Jon may have advertised 100% uptime i dont know that but he does not give unlimited space and unlimited bandwidth

I have never promised any uptime guarantee
I try to keep the server up as much as possible but i cannot guarantee that it will not go down thats impossible

Hostingextreme and Hostultra are on the same servers
Thats the only way we are related
Jon runs hostingextreme and i run hostultra they are seperate sites

Jon gave quite a few people in here free hosting with no ads and was just letting everyone who was hosted there why it was down and that he is fixing it. what is wrong with that?

Dumbbell69 do you think you are an admin or a moderator??
You seem to think you can tell people what they can and cannot do here

Jon was just being courteous to his customers, a majority of which post here. I think Dumbell's name explains it all.

Ok...

First off...I have never advertised 100% uptime...I have been working in the hosting and adult business for over a year now...I have been thru host after host saying 100% uptime...HELLLO this is the freaken internet...crap happens...

I had hostultra on the same server...This weeek I am moving Hostultra to its own dedicated server as its grown to the point where it needs its own server...Once that is done I will take some more free no ads clients...

Also launching a free host with ads on another server ;0)

Now...For the guy telling me this isn't the support board...If you ain't noticed...Where does everyone go the first second a server is down? I mean...Notice the posts "Is Blah Blah Down???"

So it would be in my better interest to post on here because all the members of my hosting come from here...

So unless you are a moderator or a admin telling me what I can post here...Please mind your own business

Jon
Hosting Extreme

But on the matter of the uptime....I work very hard as many customers can tell you to keep the uptime the highest possible...I have had 1 small downtime in the last month...I think I am doing pretty good wouldn't ya say?

Jon
Hosting Extreme

Mike Melen: Shesh. Stop the spamming. Posting like "ok" Shut up!.

Jon: Its good but i never got my account back since long time ago. :cry2:

Originally posted by DCI
Mike Melen: Shesh. Stop the spamming. Posting like "ok" Shut up!.

Jon: Its good but i never got my account back since long time ago. :cry2:

msg me and I will get to it as soon as possible

Jon
Hosting Extreme

Back