• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Smart Casual?

tandoc

tandoc tandoc
NLC
Okay, In less than 2 days I have a Japanese oral exam. I have no idea what to wear. Seriously. The instruction sheet says to wear 'smart casual'. Being the social butterfly that I am, I have little to no idea what this means. Any ideas?

(my wardrobe consists of my school uniform and various novelty shirts. i've got a lot of shopping to do before uni starts, unless I want to be an outcast for another 4-5 years!!1111 :()

You say "smart casual", we say "business casual".

Just a button-down shirt or polo with khakis or some dress slacks and a nice pair of shoes would be fine.

On another note, the thought of a "school uniform" scares me.

Americans don't have school uniforms. I'm pretty sure that's why your country is in shambles.

A lot of schools have uniforms..... yes, public schools. Thankfully mine doesn't. In my freshman year, the school system in my county tried to impose a uniform, but everyone (except for a select few socially challenged kids) still showed up in every day clothes instead of the required blue or white polo with khakis.

I hated wearing a uniform at school, spent most of my first year in high school trying to work out a way to wear trainers and not be noticed .... didn't work ....

Bleh, went with the polo and khakis. Didn't matter too much, failed the exam anyway :(

Well, not failed, but not really well either.

Yeah, pretty much. I just didn't get to say everything that I wanted to.

Personally, I blame the swivel chair. It's so distracting when you're nervous. If my feet weren't on the ground I would've been spinning around.

Wanna trade GPAs, Tandoc? I'm hitting a 2.707 at the moment. That is, if you guys use the 4.0 scale. Those wacky OZtralians!

Back