• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Some websites i cant access

jahed

hi,

last night i tried accessing facebook on firefox (also tried accessing on internet explorer) but i received an error page. i also tried accessing a few other websites which other people had no trouble in accessing.

today, i cleared the cookies and immediately i had access to the websites i couldn't get access to last night.

once i turned of my laptop and turned it on again, i experienced the same problem in not accessing certain websites. i again cleared the cookies but this time, nothing changes. i still cant access the websites.

can anyone plz give me a solution asap thanks.

btw im experiencing the same problem on my other computer. i updated my router (netgear) to see if that solves the problem but it doesnt.

Try clearing your DNS cache, or see if your ISP is having DNS issues. All my issues of connecting to certain sites on just my laptop have faded now.

i cleared my cache but dont know if my isp is having any dns problems. any other suggestions?

or you can use
DNS1: 4.2.2.1
DNS2: 4.2.2.2
DNS3: 4.2.2.3
DNS4: 4.2.2.4

they're the level3 DNS and they're very fast (I'd say faster than opendns)

open your command prompts and type...
ipconfig /release
after you that runs,only takes a couple seconds and should get a message saying it was released. then type...
ipconfig /flushdns
the dns should send a message saying it is flushed. then type...
ipconfig /renew
that should renew your ip. clear all your cache, delete temporary internet files, delete cookies, adn hopefully that will get you back to normal. good luck.

open your command prompts and type...
ipconfig /release
after you that runs,only takes a couple seconds and should get a message saying it was released. then type...
ipconfig /flushdns
the dns should send a message saying it is flushed. then type...
ipconfig /renew
that should renew your ip. clear all your cache, delete temporary internet files, delete cookies, adn hopefully that will get you back to normal. good luck.

hi thanks for your reply,

just wanted to ask, when i type in ipconfig/release, i get the following message:

the requested operation requires elevation.

what do i do?

ok im done, but the problem hasnt been sorted yet. im so confused because the websites which i dont have access to is accessible at certain times of the day. i really dont know what the problem is or where it lies.

hi thanks for your reply,

just wanted to ask, when i type in ipconfig/release, i get the following message:

the requested operation requires elevation.

what do i do?
space between the two words.

I've had this everytime I've reinstalled an OS, I honestly don't know what causes it, because other computers on the network will be fine even other OS' would be fine on the same computer I'm using, but MacOS or Windows had problems for me. It's only ever my laptop too, the desktops are fine. Even bought new routers and it was still the same. But giving it around 1-2 months they disappeared on their own accord.

Heres a few suggestions.

Do a through virus/spyware/adware scan with more than one program.
Check/Fix your registry.
Boot into safemode/Same applies with your browsers.
Check all firewalls on your PC, and on your router. check the settings there.
Also try installing support for IPV6 if you haven't.
Check your HOSTS file.

erm... thats all I can think of.

Goto sitesurf.net and try the sites here. If you can access them then it could be your router or your ISP also you can try dnsstuff.com

If by any chance, Ask.com Toolbar has been installed as an Add-On for Firefox, disable/uninstall it completely.

Back