• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Somebody help me with this

Abush

DP MAC SC UC...
NLC
hello I have a computer class and have this questions I hope somebody could answer them. I tried and I'm still trying but some of them I don't get. thanx in advance.

here are the questions. I have only two hours left.

1. In DOS, the command Dir *.xls will display the name of what??

2. A folder in windows is the same as a ________ in DOS

3. In DOS, what does the RMDIR command do what?

4. The command TYPE filea > fileb will cause what?

5. The file extension for program files are .___, .____ and _______

6. In DOS, what does the cls command do? ____________ ___________________

7. COM 1 and COM 2 can be used as logical ports for Hard Drives
TRUE
FALSE

8. The command del *.* will delete all files in a directory
TRUE
FALSE
9. Disk Drives are organized by tracks, sectors and clusters
TRUE
FALSE

10. What symbol is most widely used as a wildcard character _____________

11. The RENAME command under DOS is used to ____________________________________
12. If you start in the directory C:\Windows\System and you enter cd ..\.. what is your current directory ____________________

13. If you start in the directory C:\Windows\System and you want to go to C:\Windows\TEMP you can enter ..\..\TEMP on the command line.
True
False

:cry2: :cry2: 1 hour and 55 minutes left. hellllllppppp

6. In DOS, what does the cls command do? ____________ ___________________

CLS is "Clear Screen" I remember that back from the BASIC days. :)

1. In DOS, the command Dir *.xls will display the name of what??

That would list all files ending in .xls (Excel files).

In DOS, what does the RMDIR command do what?

That would remove (delete) a directory.

Did I mention cheating is bad? :D That should get you started though. I won't answer them all for you. :p

I think this is a better place for homework questions.

I could answer most of them, but then you haven't really learnt anything have you? Study!

they expect us to know this in our heads and I don't know anywhere I could know this except here and by actualy doing it in the prompt and since I don't know what will happen I am using a folder I kept my site stuff in because I have it on their server so if something happens I could get it back like forexample I just deleted the whole stuff in my shoes folder but I don't care. When I did some of the commands it wouldn't do anything since I don't have that kind of files like excell so this is why I came here. I already did about 7 of the ones that aren't listed here so please help. :cry2:

Here you go, but study next time! :normal2:

two: directory
four: it will put the contents of filea into fileb
five: .exe .com .msi (im guessing the third one, I know .msi is a MicroSoft Installer file)
7: false
8: true
9: true
10: asterisk, also known as *
11: rename stuff
12: C:\
13: false

Last edited:
I agree.. you should do your homework by yourself :p

1) shows all files in the current directory with the .xls extension (which happens to be Excel files)
3) ReMove DIRectory
5) I can't really think of a third one right away either.. I'd say the most likely candidate would be dll's.
6) CLear Screen

yeah.. my school, supposedly the best in australia, still teaches Turbo Pascal if u choose Software Design as your electives in year 10

Originally posted by tandoc
yeah.. my school, supposedly the best in australia, still teaches Turbo Pascal if u choose Software Design as your electives in year 10
The programming language doesn't really matter. The point is to learn how to break a problem down into logical pieces you can then translate into code and any language will do fine for that.

:topic: aren't we?? well thanks guys I ftped my homework any more answers will be fine for me to know it.

Back