• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

splash page.. comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by xris
your photoshop skills or whatever you use for raster graphic seems decent. BUT making just a random shape with 3ds max and slapping it over on some photoshop stuff is not something you wanna call *skill*.
that 3d shape used in your splash page is obviously a random render in 3ds max or some other 3d program. All you had to do was
1. make a cube or whatever basic shape 3ds max automatically creates for you
2. add noise, twist, and all that random stuff
3. increase viewport so you get that nice ever so "trendy" abstract look
4. render
5. take it into photoshop

That technique is very old and almost everyone knows it, even newbies.

and your scat.jpg , I really doubt you rendered that face of female. why?
1. if your 3d skills was good enough to render that face, you WOULD have never used that blue/green abstract 3d shape for your splash page. any decent artist knows that's lame and old.
2. the manipulation you did with the face is not very impressive.
Again, it looks like You just overlayed or colordodged that face with some render 3d shape you made.

using a lame 3d technique is OK
however, ripping ( using someone else's graphic, copyrighted or not, and posing it as if you made the whole thing by yourself) it not OK
Go F*ck yourself, not everyone is 'mr graphic'!

You might be but stop insulting members that is giving it a go.

Have you got any of your own artwork for us to see? Let me critique that!

Absolutely! I'm rich AND handsome and don't post crap! I'm different! :D

Last edited:
gazal, looks like you were too pissed to read my post with proper sense.

first of all, I never said your abstract 3d model is a rip. re-read my post slowly and with lower heart rate if you have any doubt.

The only image that was not my was the picture of the girl it comes form "vogue mags" i scan it in.."
that is what I was talking about. You DID NOT make the picture of the girl, and you didn't give it or its author any credit when you posted it in this forum

I've made this one.. what do u think?
http://users.bigpond.net.au/gazal/scat.jpg
that kind of action is called RIP in graphics community, I am pretty sure you are well aware of that already.

I think i did a really good job consider i never BEEN, WENT, to graphics school, or touch any art in my life...
You don't need to go to a grahpics school or do any art to
1. download warez version of 3ds max
2. copy tutorial

Besides, a LARGE percentage of top graphics artists is people who have never went to a graphic-related school. many of them aren't even old enough to go to college.

Oh BTW here is the the image that you call "RIP"..

http://users.bigpond.net.au/gazal/mess1.jpg
This is an "ORIGNAL" image that i made in 3ds.. See if you can pin point where i crop the image to the that blue/green thing on the right hand side of my splash..
I never called that RIP. post a quote from my post if you can.
Looking at that, my guess on the tutorial you used is almost exact. can you deny it?

so everything I said in my previous post is true. so what's the problem here?

Last edited:
btw, I am not despising you for copying a lame tutorial, but for RIPPING.

if you had posted that rip in any respected graphic community, such as deviantart.com or deskmod.com, they would have ripped you a new anus and ban you 4ever, if you were caught that is.

Do you ever get the feeling your not wanted here?

Besides, a LARGE percentage of top graphics artists is people who have never went to a graphic-related school. many of them aren't even old enough to go to college.
A bit like you, your prolly just some 13 year old pimple face squid who needs a life. Computers are your only option because you have been rejected. :rolleyes:

Dr MindRash's Advice:
Go get a life:confused:, don't come back here. If you do for any reason next time bring us some of your work to critique, im sure I would have a fun time doing that.

Anyway,
Cya

mindrash. was that out of jealousy?
I happen to have decent knoweldge in computer graphics. does that make me a nerd with no life?

lets compare you and I's profiles.

Me: Total Posts: 19 (0.79 posts per day

You: Total Posts: 516 (3.79 posts per day)

Yes I admit my posts are pretty flaming and mean.

HELLOOOOO, did you ever hear me "Say" Or "Sing" i "Model the girl??!!

And do you think that most GFX artist model their pictures of girls or guys when they use them for the gfx??!!

By the way what tutorial are you talking about??!!!! the 3ds tut? like i said... want me to post screen shots of the "ORIGNAL" images that i did in 3ds??!!!

Oh Try to find the tutorials on that 3ds if ya can.. i bet ya you won't..

to Chips,
No, I am not rich. but my parents are knowledgeable enough to understand my interest in creating websites/graphics and help me out (let me use their credit card). And no, I am not a pimple faced 13 year old. I am 17. Just like most of you, my parents did not let me use their credit card to buy intangible things online until I had turned 16. But I had enough sense to chip out a few bucks from my monthly allowance and pay for webhosting/domain with money order. Skipping a few lunches wasn't too hard.

You wrote!

btw, I am not despising you for copying a lame tutorial, but for RIPPING.

if you had posted that rip in any respected graphic community, such as deviantart.com or deskmod.com, they would have ripped you a new anus and ban you 4ever, if you were caught that is.

Fine i will submit that splash page to deviantart, and ask them if it's a rip, i'm not scared.. why? cause i didn't rip anything besides using a stock photo.

HELLOOOOO, did you ever hear me "Say" Or "Sing" i "Model the girl??!!
You didn't, but you said you made the picture. most people would assume you made the entire pic.
Besides, using someone else's work and not giving credit is also called RIP.

[qoute]And do you think that most GFX artist model their pictures of girls or guys when they use them for the gfx??!!
[/quote]
yes, plenty of them do. 95% of skilled ones do. when they don't, they give proper credit and quote the source. try browsing through www.deviantart.com and www.deskmod.com

By the way what tutorial are you talking about??!!!! the 3ds tut? like i said... want me to post screen shots of the "ORIGNAL" images that i did in 3ds??!!!

Oh Try to find the tutorials on that 3ds if ya can.. i bet ya you won't..
You still don't get it do you. I do not care about the original image you did in 3ds. I never said you didn't make the damn thing. Yes, I am pretty sure you made the damn thing with your own hands.

I said YOU COPIED A WIDELY KNOWN LAME TUTORIAL which is also called "trendy 3d spikes or abstract exploding polygons".
I already stated the tutorial you used

1. make a cube or whatever basic shape 3ds max automatically creates for you
2. add noise, twist, and all that random stuff
3. increase viewport so you get that nice ever so "trendy" abstract look
4. render
5. take it into photoshop
Of friggin course, that is not the exact tutorial you used. but that is the basic summary on making "trendy 3d spikes"

trendy 3d spikes is so friggin lame and old now that it is the FIRST thing most 3d newbies learn. Plus, almost every friggin 3d graphics forum is filled with newbies asking questions like "how do I make these 3d spikes" "how to make cool abstract shapes?"

Only dumb people like you assume that i made the entire image. Anyone would of know that is a live picture and not a model..

Copy a widely know tut? You can not copy other people skills you "Learn form it" so using the word copy is "WRONG"

i'm not sayin anymore.. i know what i did, and if you don't like my art you can shoved it where it hurts.. That and your parents "CREDIT CARD"..

And if the trendy spikes are old then why do people at those art community still using it "

IF only u where in Australia
:devious2:

To all FWS members except Xris, please excuess my temper.. I can't stand it when so idoit think he is the best.

[qoute]
Fine i will submit that splash page to deviantart, and ask them if it's a rip, i'm not scared.. why? cause i didn't rip anything besides using a stock photo
[/quote]
CAN YOU READ CHILD?
when did i say your splash page is rip?
i said your scat.jpg is RIP because you used a picture from Vogue mag and didn't give it any credit or acknowledgement AT the time you posted it.
I've made this one.. what do u think?
http://users.bigpond.net.au/gazal/scat.jpg
Yes you did admit to using a picture from Vogue mazagine but only because I accused you of ripping and you wanted to defend yourself, which didn't help you much.
The only image that was not my was the picture of the girl it comes form "vogue mags" i scan it in.."

didn't rip anything besides using a stock photo
uh..... all photos and articles in Vogue Magazine are COPYRIGHTED. it's illegal to just scan their photos and use them in your own graphic.

Only dumb people like you assume that i made the entire image. Anyone would of know that is a live picture and not a model..
Yes, some people would have known that it is a live picture and not a computer generated picture. but what does that have to do with knowing if you made the entire picture or not? maybe you took the photo yourself with your own camera.

And if the trendy spikes are old then why do people at those art community still using it "
maybe because it is still useable??? hmmm??????

hmmmmm..... my friend's car is old, why is he still driving it?

Last edited:
Having a little tantrum, xris? Why can't we express our negative opinions towards you if you can do the same to us?

You're still a lamer... :rolleyes:

Oh, who cares if he used an image from a magazine in his art? For God's sake, stop being such a petty little fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back