• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Stupid protestors

stuffradio

Super Moderator#1
NLC
How is anyone supposed to support them when they cause lots of damage?

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/about-vancouver/news/newsid=40366.html#police+protesters+clash+vancouver

I'll see if I can find any videos, but seriously...

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/video/index.html?assetid=bb396fd3-a6af-410b-86a6-625a86685ed0

There is one video about it.

Quote "There was property damage that wasn't violent" ... ok? How is damaging property not violent. Stupid people, that's why they're protesting now and not 6 years ago.

Last edited:
ORN organizer Alissa Westergard-Thorpev refused to apologize for the vandalism, arguing that protesters have merely damaged property while police were armed with guns, batons and canisters of pepper spray. "Property damage is not the same as physical violence," said Ms. Westergard-Thorpe.

How stupid can you be...

How successful is protesting without violence or nudity? I often wonder about the lengths protestors go to, and I think one of the biggest contributors is that media coverage can be gained by "controversial" protests - e.g, violence/nudity - but if you stand there peacefully waving a sign, you get little to no coverage.

I'm not saying that these protests are correct, or good, but it's an interesting thing to think about.

We don't read or pay attention to stories like, "Women Peacefully Protest at the Olympics" but there's going to be a dozen stories written if the story is: "Women Protest Naked" or "Women Protest By Breaking Into Stores and Ransacking Them".

edit: In fact, just by us having this thread, the protest has been more of a success than it would have been otherwise. If anybody reads this, then finds out about the causes they were protesting for, etc, then the protest has more than served its purpose.

How successful is protesting without violence or nudity? I often wonder about the lengths protestors go to, and I think one of the biggest contributors is that media coverage can be gained by "controversial" protests - e.g, violence/nudity - but if you stand there peacefully waving a sign, you get little to no coverage.

I'm not saying that these protests are correct, or good, but it's an interesting thing to think about.

We don't read or pay attention to stories like, "Women Peacefully Protest at the Olympics" but there's going to be a dozen stories written if the story is: "Women Protest Naked" or "Women Protest By Breaking Into Stores and Ransacking Them".

edit: In fact, just by us having this thread, the protest has been more of a success than it would have been otherwise. If anybody reads this, then finds out about the causes they were protesting for, etc, then the protest has more than served its purpose.

Those are all valid points, but they feel that everyone is in the same boat as them for what they believe in.

You're right but, in my case anyways, it doesn't make me more inclined to support their cause(s), it has the opposite effect...

Whenever I read about protesters, whether I agree with their cause or not, the only thing I ever think is "well this isn't going to solve anything"

That's what you get for having convictions. Rewardless effort

Whenever I read about protesters, whether I agree with their cause or not, the only thing I ever think is "well this isn't going to solve anything"

That's what you get for having convictions. Rewardless effort

IS my sarcasm meter broken or are you for serious?

Back