• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zard

Make free hosts pay a fee to list their free hosting on the forum! There is a huge number of free hosts who host people and disappear in days, weeks or months! Users should be protected in some way against that, maybe the fee would prevent some of the quick want to get users hosts from advertising here!

zard said:
Make free hosts pay a fee to list their free hosting on the forum! There is a huge number of free hosts who host people and disappear in days, weeks or months! Users should be protected in some way against that, maybe the fee would prevent some of the quick want to get users hosts from advertising here!

I think Peo makes enough through advertising & he has a great community here, making people pay would make people not come, the name says it all ''free''webspace.net, congrats Peo :classic2: .

craig said:
I think Peo makes enough through advertising & he has a great community here, making people pay would make people not come, the name says it all ''free''webspace.net, congrats Peo :classic2: .

Agreed 100%

I do see the original poster's point. However, to request money from free hosters is a little over the top, especially when they obviously find it hard enough to break even with costs to run their hosting, be it reseller costs or server costs.
I would suggest that new hosts have a certain amount of posts here before they advertise though, like 5 or 10 posts or something.

I think what zard is trying to say is that free hosts should have done something before they advertise their hosts, for instance their presence time or reputation, in order for users to have their websites safe and not have to look for a new hosts. but he/she said it by using $$ as example which wasnt really a bright choice.

Definately not. Thats why its a public forum. If you want to be protected then why dont you boot up a few bucks and get some paid hosting.

zard said:
There is a huge number of free hosts who host people and disappear in days, weeks or months!
Right! They can't afford to to keep hosting so they sure won't pay before they advertise their home connection/10GB space -100GB bandwidth host of a lifetime that is sure to die in a few days :)

Caveat Emptor. (Or should that be Gratis Caveat Emptor? :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back