• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Suggestions please

xboxsource

Hi

- any surggestions / comments for xboxsource.co.uk improvements would be good ...

Regarding :

What we should add next
and so on ...

Your imput will help in the running of xboxsource.co.uk and the viewing quality.

http://www.xboxsource.co.uk

Please note : We are currently constructing a new site and forum.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by HTML-Guru
I give it about 7/10

i suggest using CSS to make the links more interesting. here is a CSS script to make the links gray then turn white when a mouse hovers over them:

<style type="text/css">
a{text-decoration:none};
a:link{color:gray};
a:hover{color:white};
a:active{color:gray};
a:visited{color:gray};
</style>

it's pretty easy to understand which commands make the links turn colors.
a{text-decoration:none};
is what makes the links do things like turn bold or overline/underline. If you wanted the links to be bold, that line would be:
a{text-decoration:bold};

Can i just point out that i already had that ... also .. i'm a web programmer .. so i know all the codes.

i'm a web programmer .. so i know all the codes.
...then perhaps you should put your knowledge to good use and fix your CSS ;). I think what you're after is:
Code:
body{
	font-family: Arial;
	color: #FFFFFF;
}
A:link{
	text-decoration: none;
}
A:visited{
}
A:active{
}
A:hover{
	text-decoration: underline;
}
You should supply colors for your text and links in your <body> tag as well for browsers that don't support or don't fully support CSS. The one you've got now, text="#000000", is in contradiction with your CSS body color (#FFFFFF).

Originally posted by Dusty
...then perhaps you should put your knowledge to good use and fix your CSS ;). I think what you're after is:
Code:
body{
	font-family: Arial;
}
A:link{
}
A:visited{
}
A:active{
}
A:hover{
	text-decoration: underline;
}
You should supply colors for your text and links in your <body> tag as well for browsers that don't support or don't fully support CSS. The one you've got now, text="#000000", is in contradiction with your CSS body color (#FFFFFF).

I'll be doing that in the updated version.

Originally posted by anarchistvi
You should use green instead of yellow.
I'd give it a 6.75 out of 10.00

Your comment has been noted .... i have had the comment many a time ... however i have been unable to find the right green ... so please could u guys help me in that department :)

Originally posted by razor
really plain and boring, try making some graphics for it.

Thankyou for your comments ..... graphics will be coming soon ... screen shots and small little animations bigs .. and other stuff .. just give me time to implement it all.

Back