• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

TechExcell

Yuuna

ANyone has any experience with them? Are they reliable? I'm thinking of getting double hosting since Hosturbo is down for the 4th time in 2 weeks!! Please recommend any other hosting which is affordable....

Hi Yuuna

I haven't heard of TechExcell, but I can recommend www.addr.com as a very reliable host.

I have been with them for two sites since March and never had a single problem, no downtime whatever.

:whatthe:

TechExcell

200 MB Web Space
Unlimited Transer
Free Traffic/Hits
99.9% Uptime

$20/y
    :confused:

Thanks Jan ^_^, I'm checking it out now.

Meow, I know it sounds ridiculous but I'm pretty desperate and I'm annoyed with my current host. But I'm still sane to ask for opinions first, at least ^_^

Have you talked to them? Asked if the guarantee a monthly transfer?
I saw some quite frank statements about processor use in the TOS or what they called it (don't like Perl boards and so on).

Yeah, I emailed them a while ago asking how unlimited is their "unlimited" transfer.

They also stated something about "excessive amount of resources" which I don't quite understand...

Please understand that our #1 priority is to keep our servers in perfect operation conditions, so it will remain up and running at all times. If any account jeopardizes our server or network, we will resolve this problem as soon as possible. A website is considered using "Excessive amounts of resources" when the website uses 20% or more of system resources for longer than 60 seconds. There are numerous issues that could cause such problems. This includes: cgi scripts, FTP, HTTP, or etc. There could also be many other problems that are considered heavy usage on system resources. We reserve the rights to suspend any hosting account that we feel is jeopardizing our network.

They mean that if you run scripts that are processor intensive they don't like ya. In the TOS they say you can't run flat file Perl boards for instance.

They didn't say how much "unlimited" tranfer is?

What do you need? Scripting support, monthly transfer? Perhaps someone know of another cheap host.

Basically, thise means: If they don't like your site, they can just delete it.

EKK @_@ :confused2, I absolutely want nothing like that.....

Basically I want something like this...

200-300 MB of space
6gb or more bandwidth
subdomains
control panel
ftp support
etc.

Practically everything like Hosturbo's but with better uptime ^_^. I'm paying about $45 a year with Hosturbo.

Back