• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Test Phpbb3 Beta

Hozts

I finally got phpbb3 and has created a forum of it on y webhost.
You guys can visit www.fwsh.be/phpbb3 for a demo & try some of the features by registering over there.
I am not promoting My forum rather it is a demo site.
I dont intend to use phpbb as my forum.I love to use IPB & you guys can try & test phpbb3 over there.
Thanx

It takes time. I think that SHS` has to aprove your account manually. And he has that underpants issue, so it kindda gets delayed.

Didn't they say that it would have infinite subforum depth? As well as a "Child Boards" listing underneath the forum description? The last time I went to the dev.board (like 2 years ago) that's what they said. :S

as ugly as usual.
And what's not ugly? SMF, IPB, VB or..? :) In my opinion, phpBB's always come with a professional default style, if you were referring to that part.

Well, they're finally moving towards the completion of phpBB3. The long wait of the phpBB fans should be finally over.

ExoWorks said:
And what's not ugly? SMF, IPB, VB or..? :) In my opinion, phpBB's always come with a professional default style, if you were referring to that part.

Well, they're finally moving towards the completion of phpBB3. The long wait of the phpBB fans should be finally over.

I don't really like phpBB's skins... as you need FTP to edit them (just like SMF) but then again there's eXtreme styles....

SMF is pretty good, and SMF 1.1 Final will probably be even better! :D

All Message Board programs have bugs in them! vB 3.x.x doesn't work to well with its own WYSIWYG editor interface, as well as many other issues.

Any script will always have bugs in them here or there. The trick is to make it flawless. But it's not easy to do.

Phpbb 3 is still under construction and there are a lot of bugs. I no its been out for a while cause my friend had of a copy of it a while ago. Lots of people have phpbb 3 trials by obtaining from valid members of the official phpbb forum. To get it I think you have to personally ask for it. True and phpbb is ugly but if you skin and mod it a lot its pretty cool. Still i like vb and ipb more...

T.M. said:
as ugly as usual.
The actual phpBB3 style isn't being revealed until phpBB3 goes GM (they don't want a repeat of what happened with phpBB2. People copied it before the GM release, and people accused the phpBB group of copying it.).

Back