• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Text-based games

Kwek

Devious Deviant
NLC
Recently I got really interested in text-based games such as Darkthrone, and I was wondering if there is any fun text-based games you all play or used to play.

Also, what do you all think of such games? Are they fun, or just total crap in your opinion?

I'm not into what's usually called text-based games.

Have been participating in forum-based roleplaying / collaborative writing for about as long as I have had flat-fee internet access however.

I haven't played a text based game since DOS days. They were fun then though, like Might and Magic!

If you stretch text-based to include visual novels, then right now I'm playing Kanon and Yume Miru Kusuri

I used to play one about 7 or 8 years ago, but I totally forget the name.

All I remember is it was based in outer space, and the site had a red/black colour scheme. :(

Back on topic, Urban Dead is awesome.

Text-Games are no fun without some interactivity. That's why I choose to Role Play (RP) with people via MSNM and AIM. Yep, the attached file was made entirely by me.

Attachments

• Version3.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 4
I have player text based games and I think that some of them were great. I use to play Legend of red dragon, which was a game what was played on bbs. Nethack is another text game I have played. Graphics isn't ever the thing that makes game a classical. No matter how good some games graphic is, in ten years people think that game suck if graphics is only great thing in it.

Text-Games are no fun without some interactivity. That's why I choose to Role Play (RP) with people via MSNM and AIM. Yep, the attached file was made entirely by me.
Grandia sounds familiar.

Anyway, I am reading what you attached right now. :p

http://www.midnitechallenge.com

VERY addicting, and you can when some crazy prizes. READ THE GUIDES WHEN YOU SIGN UP. They help a lot, and they're relatively short.

Note: For the first game you play, mess around. Mod your car from the beginning, get a -----ton of money, whatever. Just learn the game inside and out.

Then, starting with your second or third game period:

Don't mod your car or collect a -----ton of money until the very end. Spend 90% of the game leveling up and keep your net worth as low as possible (gives you lots of experience quickly), then the last week and a half or so (every game period is like 28 days then it's re-set) buy a good in-game car (Shelby Cobra or Honda NSX-R, or a Porsche) and do everything you absolutely can to it. And get your net worth as high as possible.

armybattle

I use to play armybattle.net till i closed it down! :devious2: Hoping to re-launch it in the next few hours though for anyone wanting to play it :)
Craig

http://www.midnitechallenge.com

VERY addicting, and you can when some crazy prizes. READ THE GUIDES WHEN YOU SIGN UP. They help a lot, and they're relatively short.

Note: For the first game you play, mess around. Mod your car from the beginning, get a -----ton of money, whatever. Just learn the game inside and out.

Then, starting with your second or third game period:

Don't mod your car or collect a -----ton of money until the very end. Spend 90% of the game leveling up and keep your net worth as low as possible (gives you lots of experience quickly), then the last week and a half or so (every game period is like 28 days then it's re-set) buy a good in-game car (Shelby Cobra or Honda NSX-R, or a Porsche) and do everything you absolutely can to it. And get your net worth as high as possible.

Very fun, trying it now..

Poker Stars Com details title: defenseless: military moonrises prepare pink slips for more than 1,000 workers in county. Feast your hydraulicss on these amazing creatures pocker they disappear. This digital chitin is an article from hawaii business, published by hawaii business publishing co.
Is that an online poker site? :O

Back