• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The battle for the top board!!! UBB VS VB!!!

UBB VS VB

• UBB

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • VB

Votes: 15 93.8%

• Total voters
Well, out of the two boards I spend the most time at, one uses UBB and the other uses vBulletin. I voted for vBulletin though because it is just a nicer board overall. It uses less resources and has a fast mySQL backend and is even cheaper too.

Originally posted by puDDs
http://www.ihateapple.com has the best board I've even seen...

Hmm, cannot find server. Yeah, thats the best board I've ever seen too. :rolleyes:

Top meaning what exactly? UBB deserves some place as it sparked the whole linear movement, vBulletin is just a knock-off. That place it deserves is hell, I hate linear forums. Since you don't have a "they're both crap" option, I'm torn between which one is the lesser of the two evils. Is UBB worse because it started it, or is vB worse because it continues it? I just don't know how to judge these things...

I never realized there were still people who like dthose old threaded forums.

WBBoard is the best UBB style board in my opinion, but it's in german and the developpers' site doesn't work since July 25.
I started to translate the latest version(beta4.4), I'll let you all know when I'm done(if ever).

All the message boards now are pretty good, and all have similar features... does it really matter which one you use?

Originally posted by Phrozen
Well, out of the two boards I spend the most time at, one uses UBB and the other uses vBulletin. I voted for vBulletin though because it is just a nicer board overall. It uses less resources and has a fast mySQL backend and is even cheaper too.

Originally posted by puDDs

http://www.ihateapple.com has the best board I've ever seen...

Hmm, cannot find server. Yeah, thats the best board I've ever seen too. :rolleyes:

Try it again, the site works fine, I've been browsing the board all day.

Yeah, the site worked fine for me when I tried it a little bit after I posted that, just didn't feel the need to edit my post.

Back