• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ThE LongesT ThreaD EveR

Number? I know not of any such number! I will say good day to you, sir. :mad: :D

Welund him be wurmanwræces cunnade,
anhydig eorlearfoþa dreag,
hæfde him to gesiþþesorge ond longaþ,
wintercealde wræce; wean oft onfond,
siþþan hine Niðhad onnede legde,
swoncre seonobendeon syllan monn.
Þæs ofereode, þisses swa mæg!

Beadohilde ne wæshyre broþra deaþ
on sefan swa sarswa hyre sylfre þing,
þæt heo gearoliceongieten hæfde
þæt heo eacen wæs; æfre ne meahte
þriste geþencan, hu ymb þæt sceolde.

We þæt Mæðhildemonge gefrugnon
wurdon grundlease Geates frige,
þæt hi seo sorglufuslæp ealle binom.

Deodric ahteþritig wintra
Mæringa burg; þæt wæs monegum cuþ.

We geascodan Eormanrices
wylfenne geþoht; ahte wide folc
Gotena rices. Þæt wæs grim cyning.
Sæt secg monigsorgum gebunden,
wean on wenan, wyscte geneahhe
þæt þæs cynericesofercumen wære.

Siteð sorgcearig, sælum bidæled,
on sefan sweorceð, sylfum þinceð
þæt sy endeleasearfoða dæl.
Mæg þonne geþencan, þæt geond þas woruld
witig dryhtenwendeþ geneahhe,
eorle monegumare gesceawað,
wislicne blæd, sumum weana dæl.

Pæt ic bi me sylfumsecgan wille,
þæt ic hwile wæs Heodeninga scop,
dryhtne dyre. Me wæs Deor noma.
Ahte ic fela wintrafolgað tilne,
holdne hlaford, oþþæt Heorrenda nu,
leoðcræftig monnlondryht geþah,
þæt me eorla hleoær gesealde.

Last edited:
I love you too, Toe.

Me? From? I claim the capitol of the Commonwealth of Virginia to be my birthplace, though Maine has been my home for almost all my life. Why ever do you ask?

I don't know.. You always answer in such intelligent way and you just seem weird.

I sure am, Toe. It was a terrible struggle being without your company last night.

I just discovered my pack of tarot cards. Now, if I can remember what I'm supposed to say and what each card means, I shall tell you your fortune. Imagine a card representing you has been laid on the table. From henceforth it will be referred to as "him", meaning "you". (The following should be read in your best impersonation of an old gypsy's voice)

This covers him

Code:
   +-----------+
   | MAGICIAN  |
   |__  THE    |
   |__\  |  /  |
   |     | /   |
   |     |/    |
   |   // \    |
   |  / \ /    |
   ||/  oo     |
   ||    I     |
   +-----------+

(The Magician, first card of the greater arcana. Surrounded in garlands of primrose and lilies stands a magician in a white cloaked with a red robe, holding a white wand in his right hand, pointing to the ground with his left. Over his head is an infinity symbol. On the table before him is a sword, a staff, a pentagram, and a chalice. The card is inverted.)

You are disquieted with the shame of disgrace, perhaps in the form of an illness of the mind.

This is his obstacle.

Code:
 +--------+------------------+
 | T _    |         ____     |
 | H   \  |        /    \    |
 | E   |  |\     /        \ X|
 |   ------- O  |          |I|
 | S   |/ |/     \        / X|
 | U    \------    \____/    |
 | N     >>/  /              |
 +--------+------------------+

(The Sun, 19th card of the greater arcana. A naked child rides a white horse before a wall blooming with sunflowers. His blonde hair is braided and a single peacock plume emerges from his head. In his left hand he holds a flowing red flag. In the sky blazes a magnificent sun with a face that stares at you, his eyes slightly closed, his mouth not quite smiling, not quite frowning.)

You have lost a great wealth, though if it be material or love I cannot say.

This crowns him.

Code:
   +-----------+
   | JUDGMENT  |
   |...'.....'.|
   |'..'...'...|
   |...'''.''..|
   |    \ /    |
   |  ---|---  |
   |_/ // \\ \_|
   |  / \ / \  |
   | /  XX   \ |
   +-----------+

(Judgment, 20th card of the greater arcana. In the sky a blonde, red-winged angel shrouded by a gray cloud blows a trumpet. Below the gray bodies of men, women, and children rise from open coffins and spread their arms to greet the angel. Inverted.)

You seek truth and have deliberated greatly on the matter. A decision is at hand, though you have yet to come to it.

This is beneath him.

Code:
   +-----------+
   |    IX     |
   | -  |___   |
   |/\\ ||  \  |
   ||| \|_\ |  |
   |\/  |    \ |
   |    |     ||
   |    |     ||
   |    |     ||
   | THE HERMIT|
   +-----------+

(The Hermit, ninth card of the greater arcana. A lone hermit stand on the snow-covered peak of a hilltop, he leans his bearded head on the top of his staff and his outstretched right arm hold a lantern, burning brightly.)

Prudence is your friend and through it you will discover the route of the treachery against you.

This is behind him.

Code:
   +-----------+
   |    IV     |
   | ____+____ |
   | | [===] | |
   | |  / \  | |
   | | _\ /_ | |
   |+|/     \| |
   ||/|     |\O|
   ||||     || |
   |THE EMPEROR|
   +-----------+

(The Emperor, fourth card of the greater arcana. A great king, clad in shining armor, covered in a red cloak, sits on a high stone throne. In his right hand he holds a golden scepter. On his head is a bejeweled crown. Behind him are mountains of gold.)

Behind you is stability and protection. You are without aid now and will have to forge ahead alone.

This is before him.

Code:
   +-----------+
   |||  II   |||
   ||| \\O// |||
   |||  / \  |||
   ||| _\ /_ |||
   |||/  .  \|||
   |||| -+- ||||
   ||||  |  ||||
   ||||--   ||||
   |  THE HIGH |
   | PRIESTESS |
   +-----------+

(The High Priestess, second card of the greater arcana. A priestess, wearing blue with a white cross emblazoned on her robe and wearing a strange, light blue crown, sits on a stone before a tapestry depicting tropical fruits and palms between two columns. One column is black with the letter "B", one is gray with the letter "J". Tucked under the folds of her clothing a scroll can be seen. At her feet her blue robes turn to water and from this water emerges a crescent moon.)

The future is a mystery even to the cards, though in it you will find wisdom and release from your present troubles. A woman will find you and guide you there.

This cross of cards (which, if you could see them on the table, do indeed form a cross) shows his past, his present, and his future. This line of cards will reveal his attitude.

Code:
   +------+----+
   |      |    |
   | O____|__O |
   | | *=*=* | |
   | |  / \  | |
   | | _\ /_ | |
   |o|/     \| |
   ||/|   */|| |
   ||||     || |
   |THE KING OF|
   | PENTACLES |
   +-----------+

(The King of Pentacles, king card of the lesser arcana suit of pentacles. A king, stern and dark in appearance, sits on a dark thrown decorated with the heads of bulls and rams. His robe is black and grapes cover it. Around his neck is a red band, his eyes are averted and gaze downward. In his right hand he holds a scepter, in his left he holds a pentagram. The thrown sits in an overgrown field of grapes and wildflowers, behind him looms a ruinous castle.)

You possess great courage, though at times you allow this quality to wane and you descend into deep despair. You are a firm believer in the oneness of all things and it brings you hurt when this oneness is shattered.

This is his house.

Code:
   +-----------+
   |    _   |  |
   |   / \  |  |
   |   \ /  |  |
   |    |---|  |
   |    |---|  |
   |    |      |
   |   / \     |
   |  /   \    |
   |  PAGE of  |
   |  SWORDS   |
   +-----------+

(The Page of Swords, page (jack) card of the lesser arcana suit of swords. On a green moor a young page merrily swings his sword at the air, his brown hair flowing in the wind. He wears red boots, yellow tights, and a purple shirt.)

You live in a world built on secrecy where nothing is to be taken for face value. You are ever vigilant in his quest.

These are his hopes and again his fears.

Code:
   +-----------+
   |  __| |    |
   | /* \ |    |
   |  \__\___  |
   |  | | \ *\ |
   |   \|/ \_/ |
   |   / \     |
   |   \_/     |
   |    II     |
   +-----------+

(The Two of Pentacles, the second card of the lesser arcana suit of pentacles. A young man dressed in red and orange wearing a tall red hat dances before a turbulent sea. In either hand he holds a pentagram connected by an endless length of green rope forming an infinity symbol. Inverted.)

While you may profess happiness, within you are tormented by bad news that came in the form of writing. Joy is what you look for though once found you shrink away when it proves to be false.

This is what is in store.

Code:
   +-----------+
   |    IX     |
   |=|=========|
   |=|=========|
   |=|=========|
   |=|===/\\===|
   |-|---\||---|
   |_____|||___|
   |(_)  | \___|
   |______\____|
   +-----------+

(The Nine of Swords, the ninth card of the lesser arcana suit of swords. A man sits on a bed with his head in his hands crying. Above him float nine swords. His blanket is blue and decorated with primrose.)

You will despair and anguish over what has past for what will seem an eternity. You will be easily deceived and led to disappointment after disappointment before finally discovering the truth.

Hmm. Your fortune was bleak. They're usually a bit more upbeat than that. Well. Did any of the bits that supposedly already happen ring true to your life?

Back