• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The stupid '25 Line' rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonS

What goes here?
NLC
Hey,

I think this whole 25 line for offers is just stupid. One of my offers is 26 lines and of course, comptetitors being childish report it and you get TWO infraction points.

It's just stupid. :shame:

If we made it 26 and you posted 27, would it be equally as stupid?

Yes. 25 could be consdiered quite low, I can understand if it was set at something like 35 - 50. But 25-30 is a decent size post for a good and informative offer.

The OP's needs were simple. You could have covered what he asked for in 10 lines max and that would have included the URL and price. He didn't ask for all the other stuff you posted.

The OP's needs were simple. You could have covered what he asked for in 10 lines max and that would have included the URL and price. He didn't ask for all the other stuff you posted.

He asked for most of it :)

Anyone I've infracted for this rule hasn't said anything. No one else got special treatment because they posted 26 lines. You don't really need more than 25 lines, and if you need more, there will be more details on the website. They can always PM you and ask you for more details if they need to.

If the responses go more than 25 lines, it might take a while to scroll through responses. IMO, the 25 lines is pretty reasonable amount.

lol, what if they ask for 20 lines of detailed info, see that was my point
If a seeker wants to know every detail they should be allowed to request that without providers having to worry about a stupid rule that was created to stop spam, not legit offers.
As always I agree, its a stupid rule the way its set out and some mods go way overboard expressing it, if a offer isnt spam wtf is the problem?

lol, what if they ask for 20 lines of detailed info, see that was my point
If a seeker wants to know every detail they should be allowed to request that without providers having to worry about a stupid rule that was created to stop spam, not legit offers.
As always I agree, its a stupid rule the way its set out and some mods go way overboard expressing it, if a offer isnt spam wtf is the problem?

The problem is, it is a rule that is set out and like all rules must be obeyed.
If a person asks for more information, a simple line like follows is all that is needed:

For more Information, Click Here

That simple.

Hey,

I think this whole 25 line for offers is just stupid. One of my offers is 26 lines and of course, comptetitors being childish report it and you get TWO infraction points.

It's just stupid. :shame:

you posting more than 25 lines for an offer is just stupid ;)

Ah shutup moaning Jason :p It doesn't bother other hosting rep's/companies! Why do you have to be different about this? As Dan said, rules are there for a reason, just post under 25 lines!

Ah shutup moaning Jason :p It doesn't bother other hosting rep's/companies! Why do you have to be different about this? As Dan said, rules are there for a reason, just post under 25 lines!

Fine, this leads me to ban all other hosting companies.

Motion passed. Goodbye :evilb:

The OP is first.

You know what they say Jason..

quality is better than quantity and less is more.

25 Lines is pretty reasonable. Just depends on if you space them out or not.

I agree with Jason and CnR, I think having a set limit on the amount of lines for any post is kind of ridiculous.

But like others have said, it is a rule and this isn't really a democracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back