• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[Thread Closed] I got WinXP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, is Apache and everything still going to work on WinXP? I haven't tried yet becuase I am going to download the pack, I forget what it is called, but it's similar to PHPTriad... Ginna do a search on it and see what it is called...

Originally posted by Christopher
Hey, is Apache and everything still going to work on WinXP? I haven't tried yet becuase I am going to download the pack, I forget what it is called, but it's similar to PHPTriad... Ginna do a search on it and see what it is called...
Ahh, it's called EasyPHP... Just thought I would share that all with you... :D

Originally posted by guitarnerd
OMG(osh) Did I just hear, well read, words of wisdom from Is0lized, way to go :D
Yeah! Woo! LoL :biggrin2:

Originally posted by Jan

That's your opinion. It works just fine for me! :devious2:
agreed! ME is the best OS on earth!

Not everybody use gaming and all those damn stuff. I use this for internet and making my webpage :)

Originally posted by trenzterra
agreed! ME is the best OS on earth!

Not everybody use gaming and all those damn stuff. I use this for internet and making my webpage :)

Hahahaha... ME is horrible.... my dad's laptop is top of the line and has only a few programs and ME still screwed up... he had to install 2000 instead.

I'm not arguing or anything but any OS that is pre-ntfs is not near as reliable as one that is. ME edition can not be as reliable/stable as a NT OS. But if you take good care of your puter and you defrag often and do all that stuff, which I just call giving your computer a bath. Well then any sytem will be reliable. XP is the best thing to buy right now, I would not buy 2000 if I had the choice because I know XP will be better very soon.

Very important note, Make sure and download SP1 for XP because your smtp won't work in microsoft outlook until you do.

Originally posted by trenzterra
Windows 2000 performs approximately 38% faster than Windows ME in content creation benchmarks.

Not to mention you won't suddenly have your system crash and lose your entire webpage.

Originally posted by Giancarlo

Hahahaha... ME is horrible.... my dad's laptop is top of the line and has only a few programs and ME still screwed up... he had to install 2000 instead.
then my acer is more than top of the line.

Yeah I've had bad experiences with ME too. But after a few restores, all these problem magically were resolved. You need to be patient to solve problems.

and Sony things spoil easily. my mother had a sony videocam that spoilt very fast.

only the Sony TVs are lasting.

Originally posted by guitarnerd
Let's make it simple 98 and Me are good Nt, 2000 and XP are better
I'll make it more accurate.

Windows 98 and Me suck shit.
Windows NT, and XP are better.
Windows 2000 is best.

Everyone has their preferences and nobody can sway them....as is0lized said, it is in the eye of the beholder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back