• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

thrustvps ?anyone try it?

Hamed

Hello
I want to get one Windows 2008 VPS from thrustvps.com
Anyone try them before ?
Are they stable?

Up to you. I had one for around two weeks - the very first day the node went down for over 12 hours - still not sure what the exact reason was, but from what I remember it was a bs reason. The VPS seemed very slow and unresponsive and kept getting worse every day. Eventually I got tired of it and cancelled.

But yeah, it's up to you. The owner is very active on WHT and apparently has a good reputation.

I believe it is owned by Rus whom used to own a2b2/vaserv search over at WHT for some reviews.

Their price on windows 2008 is really cheap and I need 2008 server but yet I am not sure about them.

I hear about them for the first time.. I believe that it will be a good idea to do a search on their domain via Google and find any information about them.

I also don't know them..

Can agree with Rob.

Try to find customer hosting reviews about them on famous review web sites like Hostjury, webhostingjury, etc.

Creation Date: 24-may-2010

It's up to you. I personally don't think that the prices are realistic for what they are offering... Overselling? Possibly... Pirated Software? More likely...

Plus they haven't been around very long.

Creation Date: 24-may-2010

You can't always assume that a business began on the date that their domain was registered. In our case, deckerservices.com was registered on October 15, 2006. People would assume that we've only been around for about 5 years, but that's incorrect. We previously did business under the domain deeplist.com, which was registered on September 14, 2000... nearly 11 years ago.

I am not saying that's the case here or not, but I'm just sayin'.

Rus has been in business for years, the thrustvps/damnvps name is just new. Just Google Rus, or head over to WHT and look for him.
I have a few personal VPS's with him and recommend him over and over ( due to we don't support windows :) ) His prices are real, and Windows is very much real and not pirated.
In the US Rus has three main DC's he works with to house his nodes.

I can say a few negative things about the service, 1st he doesn't always state they are out of VPS's until after you order. 2nd alot of his IP's are UK based, which is not a problem, but the are used in the US DC's so the geotags are wrong.

Here is one of my Windows VPS's, small 512MB test box that I use to play with Windows IIS and all that stuff on.
IP: 109.169.60.160 - Dallas TX DC
100MB Download: http://109.169.60.160/100mb.zip

Thanks,
Anthony

i had a windows vps with them before went down for a very long time most of the time due to ram failure although the node is a new node

All his posts are like that in every forum he is a member of. That webintellects-rob guy is exactly the same way. Completely useless posts to get their signatures out there.

By the way, you can do a google search to compare the hosts that are out there. You should choose a reputable and reliable company. :p

Only way is to find out. I've some friends who say they're very good providers; equally I've also read horror stories on WHT.

Hello,

I have never tried the mentioned VPS but I would appreciate that you are discussing this on forums. You should keep it up and my advise for you to search the same query on similar different forums also so that you may have useful suggestions.

Back