• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Time To Flush & CleanUp FWS??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, lets discuss what may be termed over-selling?

My take is that bandwidth should not cost less than $0.05 a gig, your take?

NetCafe said:
My take is that bandwidth should not cost less than $0.05 a gig, your take?
5 cents? Let's make it 50, or better yet, 75 cents. That's what I'm still paying...

That would clean up the forums quite nicely. :p

No of course we're not going to enforce something like this. It would take to much time an effort. People will always be making ludicrous requests, and there will always be someone willing to offer it. If it takes their host closing up shop or their site going down for long periods of time to open up their eyes, then so be it.

If you take a look on eBay, you'll find hundreds of Unlimited Offers, even for resellers at extreamly low prices (2 bucks, 5 bucks, etc..).

Those are not kiddie hosts, most of them are serius companies.. so the problem is not only with kids, but with SCAMMERS

Tree said:
Maybe NetCafe is talking about bandwidth to the DC?
Yeah, that's most likely the case. DCs are overselling when they provide you a server with 2000GB for $59. Get to that limit with 3 servers and they won't sell you another server....

Tree said:
I sell mine at $0.10/gig or so.
Wow thats still extremely cheap. We usually don't go below $0.30, but we have a special comming up wth about $0.10.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back