• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Time to rebuild my host spread

What is the relationship between you and Lost Signal? They seem to be out too.

Same facility. To the point that LostSignal's main server physically sits on top of mine.

They were knocked out when a major IP range had to be nulled because it was impacting the entire facility, and there still are some hiccups getting everything on their end restored. They should come back up any time now, since the nulls have been reduced to just my nameservers. I am showing intermittent connectivity to them though.

Been up since 3AM dealing with this matter, repair time remains unknown. I'll give it all I've got, but I've clearly lost my DNS for the time being.

Someone sparked by some sort of anger at this forum has been attacking my datacenter with upwards of gigabits at times twords Seraphim - they're having trouble mitigating at the higher levels, apparently.

I'm going to be getting in contact with someone at this forum for information on whoever did this.

I'm getting the report that the sheer mass amount of packets is hard on their load distribution routers, causing outages across the company..

Same facility. To the point that LostSignal's main server physically sits on top of mine.

They were knocked out when a major IP range had to be nulled because it was impacting the entire facility, and there still are some hiccups getting everything on their end restored. They should come back up any time now, since the nulls have been reduced to just my nameservers. I am showing intermittent connectivity to them though.

Been up since 3AM dealing with this matter, repair time remains unknown. I'll give it all I've got, but I've clearly lost my DNS for the time being.

I wonder if it's the same person who decided to throw a 2 GBPS attack at my stuff.

Could you PM the info on this? We're running out of leads here, and I now have a few thousand dollars of overage and damages on my head.

You guys might see something here actually. Most hosts will cut losses and run.

I'm not that kind of guy. No matter how much this costs me, I am standing my ground and will come back.

Seanie, I am getting time outs again for Lost Signal. I think my dashboard showed green-to-go earlier, so this is a new wrinkle. Any info? Do I have to do some sort of cache flush or something again?

The whole datacenter dropped out again.

It appears the attack on me has not stopped, and continues to increase in magnitude. All of the servers in that facility are unrelaible due to brute force saturation of upstream equipment and lines.

Also I am not staying down. Getting very tired of waiting, I am currently arranging bare-minimum coverage on another provider. No way to retrieve the files at the moment, but you have the full set so that wouldn't affect you.

Yikes! "It wasn't supposed to come to this!". Scoring wise, "uh - you might not be in a position to offer time sensitive hosting", which when push comes to shove is the 2nd-to-last-pole metric of my scorecard, but if you survive this you're on the way to a damn potent Giant Asterisk of a counterweight, because the FIRST pole is Durability!

Someone on this forum is not to be trusted - immediately after I let you know that my side was up, they attacked one of my shared hosting boxes I'm not sure I can participate on this thread.

Someone on this forum is not to be trusted - immediately after I let you know that my side was up, they attacked one of my shared hosting boxes I'm not sure I can participate on this thread.

That feels just wrong... I'm just a semi-random customer, who happens to be more obsessive at keeping notes than most. My uptime bar is literally just a link sitting on your server pointing to your sales page.

The reason I am upset is this slides into a big topic I am eyeing for years now, that "suddenly the world is different now in a Post Seanie World". Nope. It's like a hall of mirrors mindset. Once you panic and try to run you just get bloodier.

Same question as for Seraphim - why *you*? "Awesome as you are", you're also "just a provider". So hold on to a lamppost a min - before you slide into the Mafia Mindset "I can't be in the thread anymore" - skies help me someone's not afraid of my little promotion? At best I've been rather laid back in promotions, just letting the silent numbers speak for themselves. If by now someone has it out for you, twelve minutes of their time could make a silent link of their own.

The very least I can do is put an Anti-Mafia clause in my scoring. The old intent was just to pick up on "7 month special" hosts. I clearly get you guys are hit with a DDOS which is a whole new bag of worms. So let's do this.

*Any Host in this thread Hit with a DDOS/other attack retains full marks, and gains one credit pass against any self performed error.* By this point you two have two free credits each. However, y'all are smart - if y'all help each other find evidence turns up that someone is creating them deliberately from this FWS Forum, watch out!

Last edited:
That feels just wrong... I'm just a semi-random customer, who happens to be more obsessive at keeping notes than most. My uptime bar is literally just a link sitting on your server pointing to your sales page.

The reason I am upset is this slides into a big topic I am eyeing for years now, that "suddenly the world is different now in a Post Seanie World". Nope. It's like a hall of mirrors mindset. Once you panic and try to run you just get bloodier.

Same question as for Seraphim - why *you*? "Awesome as you are", you're also "just a provider". So hold on to a lamppost a min - before you slide into the Mafia Mindset "I can't be in the thread anymore" - skies help me someone's not afraid of my little promotion? At best I've been rather laid back in promotions, just letting the silent numbers speak for themselves. If by now someone has it out for you, twelve minutes of their time could make a silent link of their own.

The very least I can do is put an Anti-Mafia clause in my scoring. The old intent was just to pick up on "7 month special" hosts. I clearly get you guys are hit with a DDOS which is a whole new bag of worms. So let's do this.

*Any Host in this thread Hit with a DDOS/other attack retains full marks, and gains one credit pass against any self performed error.* By this point you two have two free credits each. However, y'all are smart - if y'all help each other find evidence turns up that someone is creating them deliberately from this FWS Forum, watch out!

I am pretty sure he was not pointing his finger at you, Tao. He was talking about the person who is doing *this dirty thing* to all of us.

It is fair that he thinks the person who attacked his server is someone in our own forum since, three of us were affected by the same attack.

I am pretty sure he was not pointing his finger at you, Tao. He was talking about the person who is doing *this dirty thing* to all of us.

It is fair that he thinks the person who attacked his server is someone in our own forum since, three of us were affected by the same attack.

Sure. Elsewhere Peo advised to stay conservative in our esimates of who is involved.

I meant watch out, not because I have the chops to do much, but someone here does and "we wouldn't like him when he's angry". /Hulk.

My spread design was built to catch resellers and lazy hosts, not attacks. So this bothers me.

Is it just me or are we in the running for top-25ish highest last-24 evar?
(Edit - okay, not ever, but just more than a lull a couple of months back.)

Last edited:
I'm getting DDoSed again, this time my main VPS is the target, so your site is down along with all my other clients instead of just one site and a nameserver like it was when I was last attacked.

PerfectZ.info

PerfectZ & eSupun, do you have an update?
I am starting to get more time out blips from your server lately including as I write this.

Last edited:
What are your diskspace and bandwidth requirements?

Sorry, I am not taking any new entries at this time.

If I do decide to, offering hosts are advised to read the whole thread to know the concepts of my sudy board. By now, I generally look for a host to have been in business for a year before applying, because as remarked elsewhere, my results turned up a key fail metric at the 7 month mark.

Back