• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Time to rebuild my host spread

I believe the ad forum is at least 60% bots. But hey, I could be wrong.

I don't think so. Form the very little I know, there are real hosts behind the ads. I was remarking on how few applied, but there are hundreds of hosts represented on here.

I see it as more of the Template effect. When a marketing manager gets his formula down for the shelf offerings, it's a cut and paste operation. That's not a bot.

I don't think so. Form the very little I know, there are real hosts behind the ads. I was remarking on how few applied, but there are hundreds of hosts represented on here.

I see it as more of the Template effect. When a marketing manager gets his formula down for the shelf offerings, it's a cut and paste operation. That's not a bot.

I don't think he was referring to the free/paid web host offers, but instead the ads and offers forum were there is all of the "free wordpress theme" posts are

I don't think he was referring to the free/paid web host offers, but instead the ads and offers forum were there is all of the "free wordpress theme" posts are

No I was talking about the free/paid hosting ads.

Like I said, could be wrong.

Elsewhere, Cal's sig said:

Want To Get Your Data Stolen??
And See Your Database And Website On Sale At DP???
Then Host With ParadoxServers.net - Where Their TOS Allows Them To Own/Steal/Sell Your Data

-----------------------

I think this is relevant. Darksoul, you go first. What do you think happened?

Cal, what piece of their TOS are you referring to?

Elsewhere, Cal's sig said:

Want To Get Your Data Stolen??
And See Your Database And Website On Sale At DP???
Then Host With ParadoxServers.net - Where Their TOS Allows Them To Own/Steal/Sell Your Data

-----------------------

I think this is relevant. Darksoul, you go first. What do you think happened?

Cal, what piece of their TOS are you referring to?

I have no idea, hopefully Cal will be able to clear it up.

But even more telling, workload aside, I placed no initial limits on entrants! But notice how few applied! That bothers me even more, that hosts either can't be bothered (service indicator), or that they don't trust their endgame plans (durability trust).

I think this statement should answer your question as why few applied. Your making these assumptions based on what ?

I think this statement should answer your question as why few applied. Your making these assumptions based on what ?

In a study whose chief requirement is not to compromise the business, I took my best guesses as to reasons.

Do you have any opinions? Would you have joined a "New Host Feeder Round"?

I applaud what you set out to accomplish and for that you deserve credit.

But to "not compromise" means to not "best guess either".

I think some hosts saw this as yet another which host is "best" contest when in reality there really is no "best" host. There will always be a preconceived best, but I would rather see how a provider handles adversity, over prosperity.

Good luck with it the rest of the way.

Well I am personally honoured to have anyone test and compare our service against the others. It's kind of pointless to operate a host, if you can't do it better than someone else.

Tao are you still looking for applicants, since a lot of the previous ones have already failed?

At the time of your original post I was still putting things together on my end, being a new start up and all, but now I think I could have a go at this and see how I do.

Maybe Seraphim.

It's the new hosts who are at risk of Bad Things Happening. So do you have a couple tricks up your sleeve to avoid the worst of downtimes?

At the moment you're in something like the "Feeder" category. Let's do this. I'll pass on logging a full strength account with you just for the sake of saving work. But I'll make a different link to you just so we can keep tabs, but you get a break on minor blips.

I Would like to apply (Used to be an free host for 1 year running! Now paid)

Ill give you my old Free plan which includes

1gb disk
10gb bandwith
5x Features ( i can upgrade depending on if you acually need more.)

Contact me if you want this.

Thanks
ColorHost

Well well, maybe we have a real round 3 after all!
I do think I'll keep tiers to give the props to the incumbents from prior rounds, and my site design might support a "Bottom Tier - Top Tier" format.
So Seraphim, go for it, can you stabilize at a 1GB plan?

Sorry Colorhost,
In fact it was your offer that made me reopen the round. But I smashed too many sentencs together into a mush.
Yes, I'll accept yours.
I'm a bit slow on processing, but I'll get the round opened eventually.

Paradox

However, Cal, your comment is relevant over here.

(Pasted)

I finally had it taken down, after I provided proof of domain ownership. Visit DigitalPoint Forums.

If your also with ParadoxServers... then keep a look out if you have a BIG forum or website. Your data may get stolen and used without you knowing.

I found out when some random person (a buyer) emailed my from my forums, and asked about the sale. I had no idea what the hell was going on... he sent me a link and I was shocked.

All I can say... I won't ever be hosting for free anymore. I rather pay and know a reputable company wouldn't do something like what I went through.... It's just a shock that free hosts would take advantage of it's users these days.

But, lets get this topic back on track.
If you or anyone else wants more info, feel free to PM me. Let's not break the rules and wreck a thread here.

Cal, I don't know what piece of Paradox's TOS is involved as opposed to simple data security concerns. Earlier Darksoul said he didn't know either.

And if I'm going to do an accurate survey, I need to know. Did you have a big forum hosted on Paradox, then it wandered away somehow, and then someone tried to copy most/all of it for sale? (Forum design? How do you get away with copying the whole forum including posts and selling it?)

Can you explain here? I'd rather not muddy things cross-site over at DP. I barely heard of them before your note.

Note that data can be copied from nearly anywhere on the web. I'm interested in precisely how Paradox's involvement made things any worse.

However, Cal, your comment is relevant over here.

(Pasted)

Cal, I don't know what piece of Paradox's TOS is involved as opposed to simple data security concerns. Earlier Darksoul said he didn't know either.

And if I'm going to do an accurate survey, I need to know. Did you have a big forum hosted on Paradox, then it wandered away somehow, and then someone tried to copy most/all of it for sale? (Forum design? How do you get away with copying the whole forum including posts and selling it?)

Can you explain here? I'd rather not muddy things cross-site over at DP. I barely heard of them before your note.

Note that data can be copied from nearly anywhere on the web. I'm interested in precisely how Paradox's involvement made things any worse.
I am contacting the admins right now. After that, I will update you all on the story. All I can say is for now read my signature.

ONTOPIC: When you want the Deal Tao, contact me cause there is no order form for this package anymore.

Thanks
ColorHost

Back