• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Torpix Hosting ( Free client Server ) crashed

torpix

Hi,

Poeple who are hosting on free hosting at torpix hosting. the server crashed,
we will have backups of clients accounts some from 28 July ( & 20 June )

It was a hardrive failure, the datacentre are replacing it, and re-installing.

Services will resume soon. ( Paid clients not effected ) on a diffrent server.

If your site is hosted with us, and is down, please bare with us.

nameservers are changing also, so if your still using the old host names,
then please change it too.

ns1.torpixhosting.com & ns2.torpixhosting.com

I know. I recoverd 23 tracks from cds what i gave to friends.

Its not good for me wit hhardrives, my home computer hard drive failed, and now one of my servers. :(

Luckky their files and sites are safe, backed up, but 20 JUne is all of them, then some recent for those who requested a recent backup.

Ye, thanks.

I will proberly lose a few ( FREE clients ) as it only effected that server, but from now i will do offsite backup ( as standard ) on all servers.

As if this happend with my paid cleints then this would be a major disaster.

You must have a lot of money and be pretty big if you have your own "music centre" and an agent. Surprised you can't afford to have RAID in your personal computer as well as your server, or at least some kind of daily backup at minimum. If I were you, I'd have your agent get ahold of that datacenter and demand some of your money back for distress and faulty hardware.

No, My music was NOT on the web server. ( Only free client sites )

5 days ago: My home hard drive failed ( Lost all my music, pictures and personal stuff )

Pictures recoverd via ( Facebook, Bebo, Myspace & Flicker )

My personal tracks recoverd 23 ( from friends ) and brought some from itunes lol.

I have added another hard drive and it auto backs up everyday.

----

Today: My free client cpanel server crashed hardrive died. ( last backup of some accounts was done 2am ( GMT )

Present time: server is being re done and cpanel re-installed. Also enabled all daily offsite backup on both servers ( On ALL Accounts )

But my point is, being the big time business business mogul that you are, I find it surprising that you didn't plan for an event such as this and have some kind of RAID array in your server. Since your box is already offline, you might as well have your agent call the datacenter and have them set up a RAID array right now.

My agent ( is my friend ) who just listens to my music, and just edits my personal site.

My music centre is at home, just basicly a deck, cross fades with FL Studio Software.

Once the server is back, the server will auto backup all accounts to an offsite server, ( which it does now ) but only to selected users.

Hey deeplist : Have you had any major server issues with your servers, like hard drive failure?

I guess you have some sort of backup solution ?

My agent ( is my friend ) who just listens to my music, and just edits my personal site.

My music centre is at home, just basicly a deck, cross fades with FL Studio Software.

Oh crud, and this whole time I thought you were some huge millionaire with your own "music centre" and were some big shot with your own agent and everything... What is disappointment this turned out to be.

Sorry to disappoint you. I wish i was a muilti millonaire.

Better stop before it gets worse kid.
Able to recover 22 out of 44 songs of my songs after a huge network failure at the Torpix Music Centre
unless someone nuked (that's the big bomb type not the software type) the Torpix Music Centre (2 decks and a PC - not a fully functional music studio then).

Sometimes not giving your computer stuff in your bedroom a name helps. And having a UK dormant company listed ain't doing you no favours (lose the Ltd Co. name it's DORMANT 9999 status as in does nothing not trading) but if you advertise it suddenly it's not (and your links are down too).

Hope your paid hosting isn't trading under Company No. 06824560 - Dormant. If it is your in deep shnit sunbeam. HMRC will not be pleased with you.

Welcome to the big wide world where BS is often found out :D

But he's the CEO, it even says so in his signature? You mean to tell me that he can't even do business under that name? Shame shame.

Nope - Dormant companies cannot trade or advertise or represent themselves in any way, they become invisible essentially.

Back