• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Transfering WebSites

trev

Im not shure if this is in the right section so sorry if it isnt. Whats the easyest and quickest way to transpher a website from one webhost to anouther without getting in contact with the host provider?

If you have cpanel generate a Full Backup and enter the FTP details of your new hosting account. It will backup your website from your old provider and transfer it across to your new account. You will need to contact your new host to restore. With directadmin you can do pretty much the same.

Ok but is there anyway i can transfer all the files without having to download then and upload them manualy is there a program or a script that can transfer the files over automaticaly.

Woops so it does im and idiot lol. Sorry bout that, um only problem is i can anver get hold of my host to restore the backup of my site i also dont want the whole cPanel account moved just one folder that has my forum in it but with 600mb of games installed im looking for a quick way of moving my forum to a new site.

Back