• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Triple Boot on PIV 2.0 GHZ

Dini

Blitzkrieg Bopin'
NLC
Well, I finally got to triple boot on my 2.0 GHZ PIV!

When I turn on my PC GRUB asks me if I want to use Windows XP, MacOSX Tiger or Ubuntu :classic2: It took me one day of work and a new motherboard ($59 for a 478 Intel Board).

Mostly everything is working, OSX recognized my Audio & Video Drivers right away and I had to play a little to get my D-Link Ethernet card working. It can run every Intel application or Universal Binary and also PowerPC applications (a little slower there though). Performance is great, you feel like you're on a real Mac.

I had to leave Windows because I'm not the only user of this PC and they'd kill me if they didin't have Billy's baby running, and I also added Ubuntu because Linux always comes useful for everything :p

nicely done i plan to do that someday how does osx run on ur system is it buggy or stable?

it's quite stable, no freezes at all and it's been 2 days of hard usage. I might even say it runs faster than Windows on my pc. I run a lot of applications at one time and I don't even notice any decrease in performance

Back