• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Tripod

jason120au

Addresses at Tripod.com have now been reduced from 50mb to 20mb, even though, I had an account with them before they changed it from 50-20 and I was able to hold more then 20mb but they have gone and changed that so I can't have it that way?
Why?

Originally posted by jason120au
Addresses at Tripod.com have now been reduced from 50mb to 20mb, even though, I had an account with them before they changed it from 50-20 and I was able to hold more then 20mb but they have gone and changed that so I can't have it that way?
Why?
They made this change quite a while back. I received an email a long time ago telling me to reduce my contents to under 20mb. Probably due to abuse.

Nope, they dropped to 20 mb because Lycos are greedy SOB's who is desparately trying to get you to pay for their raw deals.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Cracker
Nope, they dropped to 20 mb because Lycos is a greedy SOB who is desparately trying to get you to pay for their raw deals.
Alright, good to know.

Originally posted by Cracker
Nope, they dropped to 20 mb because Lycos is a greedy SOB who is desparately trying to get you to pay for their raw deals.

Lycos is one person?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Originally posted by Hobo
are you using tripod.com or tripod.co.uk?

I'm using

tripod.co.uk europe
multimania.com french
tripod.es espanol ( spanish )
tripod.nl netherlands

I received the notice from all the Tripods domains days ago and responded, but all my sites are still the same. :)

Originally posted by ibfw

I'm using

tripod.co.uk europe
multimania.com french
tripod.es espanol ( spanish )
tripod.nl netherlands

I received the notice from all the Tripods domains days ago and responded, but all my sites are still the same. :)

and there is your answer www.tripod.com reduced their size as for tripod being owned by one person that is awesome

Telefónica (spanish telecom) is Terra ower, and Terra is Lycos ower.

New Lycos TOS see NO ADS in lycos sites, yes?

Tripod UK is ok if you like annoying servers that have strange ad systems that you can not custermise. Tripod.com is much better for what I want, they are online virtually all the time and I have not had any problems what so ever with them, sometimes, their servers are down a lot but you would expect that with any service provider.
One question, isn't Tripod UK and Tripod.com owned by the same people, then why is Tripod UK privledged to have a 50mb account limit and Tripod.com isn't.
And why don't they have a website here in Australia, they have got one in virtually every other country?

I suppose that he will be reasonable to think that in each country the local people in charge of Terra-Lycos adapt to the particular circumstances of each market.

They can see in the main page of Lycos.com the link:

"Visit Terra-Lycos WorldWide"

...And the right up corner on Lycos.com home page.

Back