• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

UnitedColo.com

XiteHost

Hey i had some questions , i wanne buy a server at united colo but dont have experience with them. And i wanne know if they are reliable and good. (iam talking about the Corporate Server)..

I hope you can help me..... :)

(and if they are worse can you say an alternative?)

Greetings Wouter (xitehost)

We are a hosting provider and we have had several former united colo customers come to us w/ horror stories. I would beware of them. Yes nac.net is a good provider...i dont care much for rackshack either though. And of course we are good too...heh...had to add that I guess :)

Originally posted by coolpick2
Their dedicated servers’ pricing are good. However, their customer service is almost non-existent.

CoolPick
They're servers are unmanaged. I can't see why you would want tech support unless your willing to pay $40 an hour for someone to look at your server.

I do got a server with them, it's running fine, haven't had a problem with it, pings are sufficiently stable.

Originally posted by Archbob
United Colo is the ghetto of dedicated, avoid them.

Have you used them?

I have a server with them and I'm not complaining. However their network can be better, but frankly, I don't give a shit.

No, I chose not to use them because of the many, many horror stories I hear about them at WHT. They are certainly not the people you want to pick if you want reliablility and good tech support. Go with Rackshack or NOC. I'm currently on a fully managed server at phatservers.

Well they're much better now. I don't have any problem with. Sure they're horror stories, they're horror stories for EVERY provider. No matter what.

Fully managed servers are a joke. Waste of money in my oppinion.

There are far more complaints against United Colo than other providers, they've earned a bad reputation.

I like fully managed, my server is up all the time and I get great tech support and I'm only paying like 47 cents per gig of bandwidth.

Originally posted by Archbob
There are far more complaints against United Colo than other providers, they've earned a bad reputation.

I like fully managed, my server is up all the time and I get great tech support and I'm only paying like 47 cents per gig of bandwidth.

Over the years, I think I seen way way way more complaints against providers such as DV2, RackShack, NOCSTER, etc.

My server is up all the time aswell and no one paying anyone to manage it.

Originally posted by Daniel
Yea I know. But do you see any current complaints against UCG?

Yes, go to webhostingtalk. There's not that many users of unitedcolo over there, since everybody tells the newbies to avoid them and go RS.

Which is funny.

Because any current customer of United Colo has no problems yet everyone belittles UCG. I know they are not the best provider, but neither is RS.

I haven't had a problem with my server since I got it.

I doubt it, the general opinion of almost most people is that RS is better than United Colo in most everything--except price I guess.

Originally posted by -=( gamer )=-
I am sure that Rs is hosting wht for free. So they might be advertising them for a reason.

RS' Headsurfer owns WHT. Bought it from Matt a while back. :confused2

Back