• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

uploading phpMyAdmin to a host server help

xiaotu

does anybody kno is it tat you just unzip the phpMyAdmin and upload the whole folder in the server directory? i downloaded "phpMyAdmin-2.9.2-all-languages-utf-8-only" version, so do i just upload this folder into the main directory? or do i change the name of the folder to "phpMyAdmin" and upload tat?

The directory name of phpMyadmin doesn't matter at all. Rename to whatever you feel better. The complex thing of the phpmyadmin is it's configuration file. Read the documentation carefully and proceed carefully step by step.

I've never installed phpMyAdmin on a server where I didn't have root MySQL access. Not sure it can be done.

look, this php is making to start me nervous!. :)

the thingh is, can anybody explay what it is (in general lines, I know it can be mixed with html, etc, but, does the server feels fine with it like it does wit an index html? is there any "trick" i don´t know.

I've never installed phpMyAdmin on a server where I didn't have root MySQL access. Not sure it can be done.

There is no problem to set up phpMyAdmin on a shared host without root access. It is just a PHP script like many others, which provide you with a convenient interface towards your database(s).

Just upload the entire phpMyAdmin directory to the server, set the correct host and username/password in the config file (config.inc.php), and you should be good to go! You might also want to enable one of the authentication functions. It is all well explained in the configuration file.

If you run into trouble, just post here and I'll do my best to help.

Good luck!

Last edited:
look, this php is making to start me nervous!. :)

the thingh is, can anybody explay what it is (in general lines, I know it can be mixed with html, etc, but, does the server feels fine with it like it does wit an index html? is there any "trick" i don´t know.

In short, PHP is a server-side scripting language used to create dynamic web pages. Lets say, if you have an online order form you can use PHP to collect the information submitted and have it e-mailed to your mailbox. PHP is also often used in conjunction with a database, to store information. Like the posts on this discussion forum.

More information: http://www.php.net

Back