• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Vaio/Windows 7 nightmare - please help!

AMC

serial slacker
NLC
Hey guys,

I agreed to help a friend who installed the new Windows 7 RC on his Sony Vaio VGN-TT11LN - the reason being that once he installed it, none of the peripheral buttons (cd eject etc...) or even brightness controls worked. Same story with the SD card reader.

I figure it must be a driver issue, and I know that vista drivers will work with 7 (had a friend who did something similar a few weeks back with the beta release of 7). So anyway, I download the appropriate drivers from the Vaio website, but cant install them, as computer manager says all the .inf files are not compatable ? (they're 32 bit drivers, and the install is 32 bit so it isnt that). There are no .exe files either, and lastly if I just click update, it says its up to date (which it clearly isnt).

Any bright ideas ? :)

Cheers

I figure it must be a driver issue, and I know that vista drivers will work with 7 (had a friend who did something similar a few weeks back with the beta release of 7)

Not necessarily true, some will some won't. It's the same Kernel but it doesn't mean it will work. There's a lot that can come into play

Have you completely disabled the UAC?

Back