• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

vBulletin 3.0.0 Beta 6 Released

What are you talking about? That was taught in grade 3 english guy. Funnier IS NOT A word. My god, what school did you go to? Wal-mart public school?

Originally posted by Bruce
Perhaps not in Canukanese, but it certainly is in English.

Canukanese? I think the words you are searching for are, "PROPER ENGLISH". Freaking 2pac fans, all the same.

Originally posted by Ryan_man
What are you talking about? That was taught in grade 3 english guy. Funnier IS NOT A word. My god, what school did you go to? Wal-mart public school?

What am I talking about? Funnier IS a word. Look it up in the dictionary.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=funnier

Canukanese? I think the words you are searching for are, "PROPER ENGLISH". Freaking 2pac fans, all the same.

Your IQ just dropped 50 points. :rolleyes:

Daniel, I have NEVER seen the word funnier is ANY dictionary's I have ever looked through. Check a Canadian dictionary please. BTW, why the heck are you using an American dictionary? I suppose you still say "Zee" instead of "Zed".

Oh btw, if I could get you my essay from grade 7, I would. I got 15 point taken off for using the so called word "funnier". My teachers always taught me to say "more enjoyable" or "more funny". Oh well.

Obviously, your teachers didn't do a good job teaching you. Funnier is a word, in the English language. It's accepted in all forms of English, just not to you, it seems. I too, have been taught that "more funny" is incorrect and improper.

On a related note, I pronounce it "zee".

Originally posted by Daniel
Obviously, your teachers didn't do a good job teaching you. Funnier is a word, in the English language. It's accepted in all forms of English, just not to you, it seems. I too, have been taught that "more funny" is incorrect and improper.

On a related note, I pronounce it "zee".

LoL. <-- Bow down to the red white and blue eh daniel? Just move there. Get it over with.

oh, wow...I had no idea about you two! :p

Main Entry: [1]fun·ny
Pronunciation: 'f&-nE
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): fun·ni·er; -est
Date: 1756
1 a : affording light mirth and laughter : AMUSING b : seeking or intended to amuse : FACETIOUS
2 : differing from the ordinary in a suspicious, perplexing, quaint, or eccentric way : PECULIAR — often used as a sentence modifier [funny, things didn't turn out the way we planned]
3 : involving trickery or deception <told his prisoner not to try anything funny>
- fun·ni·ly /'f&-n&l-E/ adverb
- fun·ni·ness /'f&-nE-n&s/ noun
- funny adverb

Pronunciation Key

© 2001 by Merriam-Webster, Incorporated
Merriam-Webster Privacy Policy

No. I have a preference.

Moving to the US is not something I'm going to do for atleast 20 years from now. I've enough problems here in Canada as it is.

Si vous plais, arrêter votre remarques imbeciles.

Canukanese?
Yes, the language you guys speak up there in Canukistan. I assumed it was called Canukanese, but maybe it's Canukistanese. I don't really know for certain.

Hmmph, I'll go ask my neighbor, the Canuck..... He said the proper term for the language Canadians speak is something called..."English". :devious2:

Oh btw, if I could get you my essay from grade 7, I would. I got 15 point taken off for using the so called word "funnier". My teachers always taught me to say "more enjoyable" or "more funny". Oh well.
Then your teacher is wrong.

I've heard people saying

You're the funniest person on Earth

but not

You're the most funny person on Earth...

Once I used more funny and I got wrong... Anyway there IS funnier and I find it in my dictionary.

Oh by the way, I live in Singapore, which uses British English, and I pronounce Z as Zed.

Originally posted by NukedWeb
Hmmph, I'll go ask my neighbor, the Canuck..... He said the proper term for the language Canadians speak is something called..."English". :devious2:
I always thought it was British English.

If you speak English IMO it's either English or American.
[added]
Well, there's also Texan, of course...
(no offence ;))

Originally posted by trenzterra
I always thought it was British English.

Eh. Tomayto - Tomahto. :p I'm getting a sense of what Ryan's gettin at. It sounds like he either went to a finishing school of some sort, or his English teacher did and carried it on to her job (she shouldnt have though).

Grossly off-topic?
[X] Yes!
[ ] No.

back on topic: what is IPB? I've been kinda out of the picture as you all know. I know about vB, phpBB, ikon, yaBB... but never heard of IPB?

Back