• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Vbulletin License

To be honest, vBulletin just isn't worth the price. You can get MyBB, which has the exact same features, and you can get the vBulletin MyBB skin, and the only difference is the "Powered by MyBB", instead of "vBulletin".

vBulletin is just overpriced, and it's not even really that good.

Well out of all the forums I have either been on or tried, V bulletin offers more features and flexibility

Well. With the updates of phpBB coming out now, which is extreamly powerfull (very underated...). I've always used phpBB, i've Moderated a vBulletin forum before, but with the correct mods for phpBB you can get vBulletins features for free.

Romeo18 said:
Well out of all the forums I have either been on or tried, V bulletin offers more features and flexibility

Have you tried MyBB? I used phpBB, until I came across MyBB. I promise, MyBB has the exact same features as vBulletin. I've used them both. The administration panel is the exact same, with the exact features.

Kommercial said:
Have you tried MyBB? I used phpBB, until I came across MyBB. I promise, MyBB has the exact same features as vBulletin. I've used them both. The administration panel is the exact same, with the exact features.

There are alot of vBulletin rip-offs out there, some that arnt all that popular. But as i said, there was a version of phpBB that someone released back on the old .15 version that looked just like vBulletin (same features).

It's a differant story in buying scripts to hosting. With scripts, you don't always get what you pay for :)

hosting-shack said:
There are alot of vBulletin rip-offs out there, some that arnt all that popular. But as i said, there was a version of phpBB that someone released back on the old .15 version that looked just like vBulletin (same features).

It's a differant story in buying scripts to hosting. With scripts, you don't always get what you pay for :)

I know the theme you're talking about, and it was only the older version of vB, not the new.

Check out the MyBB with vBulletin theme.

http://jack.monforum.net/

Last edited:
SSims said:
Wheres the download for that MyBB vB theme?

It hasn't been released yet, and according to the thread, it's not going to be, as the person making it, ported his forum to a different software.

Disregard my original post. The bulk pricing is not what I thought it was. Mod you may close this thread.

Kommercial said:
To be honest, vBulletin just isn't worth the price. You can get MyBB, which has the exact same features, and you can get the vBulletin MyBB skin, and the only difference is the "Powered by MyBB", instead of "vBulletin".

vBulletin is just overpriced, and it's not even really that good.

I agree with this 110%
I use MyBB and find it very good and see no difference, feature-wise, with MyBB and VB.

The reason why people prefer VB, even if its paid, not MyBB, PHPBB, SMF or any other script, is prestige. I personally when visit a new forum, always look at the bottom of it to see what forum system is it hosted on. And if its on some phpbb or mybb or other free soft, you always think that its kinda unserious, unpopular and with no aims forum which will soon die...

Ako said:
The reason why people prefer VB, even if its paid, not MyBB, PHPBB, SMF or any other script, is prestige. I personally when visit a new forum, always look at the bottom of it to see what forum system is it hosted on. And if its on some phpbb or mybb or other free soft, you always think that its kinda unserious, unpopular and with no aims forum which will soon die...

phpBB has the biggest hosted forum in the world.

Gaia Online

It's not about software, it's about content.

I personally prefer vBulletin. I will use phpBB but that's only because I can't afford vBulletin. I will not use any other free forum either than phpBB because I like it the best out of the free ones.

Gaia ia extremely modded to reveal almost nothing of what phpbb is though. They modded it a lot to make it different.

utcrazy said:
Gaia ia extremely modded to reveal almost nothing of what phpbb is though. They modded it a lot to make it different.

It's still phpBB, running on that free phpBB "engine". Just because you pay for something, doesn't mean it's better.

vBulletin has lots of nice features though like all the ajax stuff, advanced reputation, and paid subscriptions and it is incredibly safe to use.
phpBB is lacking in features, it deosnt even support password protected forums andsubforums. It also has a ton of security holes.
myBB is a good software package, but it doesn't match up to vbulletin in the long run.

Back