• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

video stream site ?

omegaxx

hello guys
i want to know how much does it cost to have
a video streaming site like :
http://www.goodanime.net

i guess i will need about 500GB for the files as a start
but i have no idea about the bandwidth
i guss i will have 300 to 500 visitors a day

and just to be honest i'm doing this to get money from
google ads

so does any one have any idea how much will it cost ?

thanx

it is safe to assume that you should have at least 1TB/month bandwidth for starting.
and for the price, u have to estimate for the price of a dual core xeon dedicated server.

Looking at a lot of episodes on their website, most if not all of them are hosted elsewhere (Facebook, Dailymotion etc). You won't need a lot of disk space or bandwidth at first, and could host this type of website on shared hosting.

Before you do sign up for any shared hosting, I would recommend you read the Terms of Service or contact the host first. Some hosts may not allow you to host this type of website.

Last edited:
As a provider who hosts clients like this these are Wordpress sites, there the movies are hotlinked offsite/overseas. A simple 512 VPS configured correctly can handle the load very easily.

** Please note we do not host the Anime site, but Adult sites, which function the same. **

I think that to have the similar site you will need to have the same amount of visitors there.
If you are intersted in getting started I recommend you start with shared web hosting account. Then if needed you can switch to VPS or dedicated server.

For video streaming I would get a dedicated server on a 1Gbps port, or start of small with a 100Mbit port, but if you grow and have many visitors you would need to switch. Depends on your load balancing technique as well. Maybe you can hold off for a while and wait for this HTML5 deal to become more popular since that can stream aswell, without relying on Flash.

For video streaming I would get a dedicated server on a 1Gbps port, or start of small with a 100Mbit port, but if you grow and have many visitors you would need to switch. Depends on your load balancing technique as well. Maybe you can hold off for a while and wait for this HTML5 deal to become more popular since that can stream aswell, without relying on Flash.

With dedicated server you will pay more then use. I would not recommend dedicated server at all.

Semi-Dedicated Server.
Last month We sold one - HDD: 500GB with 99.9% Uptime and SSH full root connection + 100Mbit Connection - Cost was 35$ Per month. I suggest u try some think like that. :)

Back