• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Virginia Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
allanh and Jan both made points based on emotion and not fact. Read the graph Jan posted, murder rates in her country did not decline when their gun laws were enacted.

lol, I don't remember feeling emotional when I was typing.

Anyway, if you want to give civilian guns to fight against criminals, then the root of the problem is not going to be solved. Wouldn't it be like living in a first-person shooting game where the shooting is free-for-all mode?:lol:

Taking civilians guns away did not lower murder rates in Australia or Great Britan. Why would it do so in the US? Also civilians have the right to have guns here and that does not happen, so no.

This thread is a joke, seriously. I live about 2-3 hours from Virginia Tech, and it's sad to see such idiots making comments that I've viewed in this thread.

The man that sold Cho the gun stated by no means can you blame the gun, but only the shooter. Cho had passed all regulations to own a weapon, being a legal citizen, no previous history, and succeeded in passing our federal check. He made the decision to do what he did, not the weapon.

You people state it's too easy to gain access to a gun in America. Please, what else can we do? We check them in two different major databases, and they dealers have been authorized to choose between who and when they can sell a weapon. The dealer stated Cho was very calm, and had a good knowledge of the 9MM, which he purchased.

We have 32 innocent people dead, because of some idiot that was having trouble with his girlfriend. What if it were your son? Daughter? Cousin? Best friend? Mom? Dad?

You people are heartless. The tone in Virginia has changed. It's a very sad time for us right now, and considering it's the biggest shooting on American soil to date, I'd appreciate a little common courtesy.

For the record, my heart and prayers go out to the students, faculty, friends and family of anyone attending Virginia Tech. It's a sad day, and the least you could do is shut the hell up, unless you have something decent to say.

allhokiesgo6.jpg

For seven years that I stayed here in Japan, a country that doesn't allow civilians to posses guns but a country whose citizens are sometimes, can be as freakin' as any Americans can do; I have never seen/heard such a mass murder by only a single freak.

People, however lost their mind, tend to attack the weaker beings (usually the innocent children) instead, because they have no ways of procuring a gun. There have been indiscriminate killings in grade school yards, in the streets and even inside the houses.

But the casualty always remain minimal compared to countries where guns are allowed.

> Reporting Live From Japan <
------Jun Luzon------------

galaxy: I'm sorry, but I don't consider a gun lobby organization (the only source you posted) to be a reliable source in this case. It's better to think for yourself instead of buying into propaganda. I prefer official stats like for instance the one Jan posted.

Honestly; If the gun wasn't available to him, 32 people would still be alive.

I think Americans have a hard time imagining how nice it is to live in countries without a "constitution" that says you have the right to bear arms. I would rather bear my arms to the sun, sea and surf without worrying that the person next to you was carrying a gun :p. I could probably only name 5 people I have known throughout my life that owned a gun. My brother had a few and he passed in the ones that the government outlawed. He still has his shooting rifles, but they are locked away in a safe, so in the very rare event that someone breaks into his house looking for a gun, they won't find any.
In fact, before the laws, you could probably break into 50 houses before you'd find a gun. Kinda hard work for someone looking to do mischief.

CNN.com Breaking News Armed police surround building on the Virginia Tech campus. AGAIN

Edit: False alarm - VT.edu = # BULLETIN: Suspicious activity was reported this morning in Burruss Hall. Police responded, and the incident was determined to be unfounded.

Last edited:
Honestly; If the gun wasn't available to him, 32 people would still be alive.

No, they wouldn't. He would've gotten it elsewhere, legal or not.

I think Americans have a hard time imagining how nice it is to live in countries without a "constitution" that says you have the right to bear arms. I would rather bear my arms to the sun, sea and surf without worrying that the person next to you was carrying a gun :p. I could probably only name 5 people I have known throughout my life that owned a gun. My brother had a few and he passed in the ones that the government outlawed. He still has his shooting rifles, but they are locked away in a safe, so in the very rare event that someone breaks into his house looking for a gun, they won't find any.
In fact, before the laws, you could probably break into 50 houses before you'd find a gun. Kinda hard work for someone looking to do mischief.

The "Right to Bear Arms", was more or less, referring to the military, and only recently referred to individual use. Cho legally went out and purchased a gun, the same way you would purchase one in another country, including Australia. Your brother has a rifle? They can do just as much damage.

The only difference between Cho and your brother is the simple fact your brother is sane.

- Lucas

Last edited:
"If the gun wasn't".

Colin whats being said is that it is impossible to make guns unavailable. You can be a fool and dump all the money you want to in Border Patrol ect, we'd be no better off then Communist China and still having school shootings.

No matter what way you want to look at it, he got a gun. If he couldn't have gotten a gun HE WOULD HAVE HAD SOMETHING ELSE. For all you know he could have stole a gasoline tanker and driven it into the side of the building. We had better start outlawing semi trucks so that a single vehicle has only 50 gallons of gasoline with it...a whole lot safer. Honestly where does it end? Have you even began to figure out in your finite mind how fragile the human body is? Everything is a weapon to the human body. I could kill somebody with one of the speakers sitting here on my computer table. He could have gotten a high preassure super soaker and shot everyone in the eye. He could have gotten a slingshot and shot old can lids into people's jugulars. You have to outlaw breathing before you get mass killings stopped. I dare you to mention one thing that can't be used as a weapon. You won't find it.

What happened was sad. It wasn't the cause of guns it was a psycho. You know Dayu, Jun Luzun or whatever your name is, I'm pretty good with knives and swords because I studied the art a few years. I'm sure your school wouldn't be too safe if someone wanted to hide a knife in their upper pants leg, in their coat or something like that. And you can be pretty quick and deadly with anything longer than 5" and be in a crowd.

Until people get some morality in their lives, this is just going to be more and more common place.

"A court order from 2005 states that Virginia Tech killer Cho Seung-Hui was declared mentally ill and an imminent danger to others".

That's the type of guy you want to be able to buy guns? I don't.

You're brighter than that Peo. You know he shouldn't have been allowed to attain a weapon. But you can't take the freedoms of all for the protection of a few.

And don't tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about. I lost my mother to this crap, I know what its like. And my views are no different.

Like said before by different people in this thread,

I'm sure that if I went crazy and wanted a gun I wouldn't know the first place to go, as they just aren't readily available in this country even in the black market.

Gun control does work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back