• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Virtuozzo

Tree

Hrm?
NLC
Is it worth it? I don't know exactly how much it costs, but is the VPS market large enough to warrent the $500 or whatever that Virtuozzo costs?

Tree said:
Is it worth it? I don't know exactly how much it costs, but is the VPS market large enough to warrent the $500 or whatever that Virtuozzo costs?

Its worth it :) but you have to think about marketing your VPS, if you can then take the risk, if you dont you will never know.

I'm not keen on it.

Supporting VPS clients is huge work. Many offer it without even knowing the full ins and outs of server administration.

Yeah. So how much is Virtuozzo? I know you aren't supposed to publicly disclose the exact figure, but I'd like a ballpark estimate.

Price depends on the number of VPS's you want to put on the server. You can get Virtuozzo cheaper usually by a reseller. Layeredtech has VPS nodes which will give you a rough idea on pricing

Tree said:
Yeah. So how much is Virtuozzo? I know you aren't supposed to publicly disclose the exact figure, but I'd like a ballpark estimate.

If you contact them they will work on a solution based on your needs.

virtuozzo from a client standpoint is pretty nice. I just purchased a vps last night for a sandbox and it seems pretty user friendly

Yes, I've used the Virtuozzo client side, and apart from having a few bugs, it's alright. But it seems to be the industry standard.

Back