• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

War Driving

GregT

Waffles!!
NLC
I just had my first war driving adventure :) Just driving through the neighborhood I picked up 4 unencrypted and 1 encrypted. I even sat in front in somebodies house and leechd their access :p Then their lights turned on and we took off. What an adraline(sp?) rush :biggrin2: Anyone else war drive ?

Im not stealing ! the only thing i did was go to google on one. the rest im just gathering so i can map all them in the area for educational purposes :devious2:

I do it all the time :p

Another neat thing is you can go into any major downtown and get connections. Havent these people ever heard of wep? Oh wait, many have, but they still have them at the default zeros...LOL. Oh yeah, those zeros will protect ya :biggrin2:

Anyone see that person that went war flying?
It showed it on TechTV, he went in a plane around a city and started to do what he does :)

I am sorry but this is just lame, how about we get outside people. I thought you meant real driving, if so I would be there any day!

CoRN, that's nothing.
When I scan the downtown core I get about 40 wifi networks, and about 75% aren't WEP enabled in two blocks.

On good days I get maybe 150 so networks within a half hour.

Most of the people around here are stupid. And remember this is only about 1 or 2 blocks. I also connected radioshacks unencrypted connection :p

Originally posted by CoRN
Most of the people around here are stupid. And remember this is only about 1 or 2 blocks. I also connected radioshacks unencrypted connection :p
No harm in that, so long as you don't break into any security the wifi network may have.
If it's wide open then you're free to connect.

Wardriving is driving around in a vehicle with a wifi capable computer (usually a laptop), sniffing for and logging wireless networks.

Some 'less ethical' individuals go so far as leeching off of insecure networks, or even sniff for weak packets which can then be used to crack the network's WEP.

I personally only scan and log networks.

Multiple wifi cards, multiple connections, ROUTE ADD and im all set.

So yeah, leeching is something i do, stupid them to leave the shit open.

I only got 3 router when i went downtown, 1 encrpyted. i want a hi powered attena(sp?) and a GPS so i can map all the APs in the areas :p

Back