• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

War has begun!

Pinging cnn.com [64.236.16.52] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 64.236.16.52:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Originally posted by Phyxisus
Pinging cnn.com [64.236.16.52] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 64.236.16.52:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Their site doesn't respond to pings, but it is up. Just slow.

Maybe they're scared of being DOS attacked. :confused:

Back on topic Webdude is right, it was at "leadership". They just hope that Saddam was included in that. The chances that they hit or killed anyone is very slim.

:confused2

Last edited:
Originally posted by sonichost.net
Their site doesn't respond to pings, but it is up. Just slow.

Maybe they're scared of being DOS attacked. :confused:

Back on topic Webdude is right, it was at "leadership". They just hope that Saddam was included in that. The chances that they hit or killed anyone is very slim.

:confused2
With the heavy traffic of people tuning in to CNN to check out the latest news, I'm not surprised that it can be very slow.

Something I have to add in: Bush thinks that U.S is so powerful that only U.S can possess weapons of mass destruction, but not other countries? Isn't this disputing his so-called 'world peace'

(but i have to agree that saddam isn't right either, I heard he even killed his own son:eek: )

It's not that only the USA can have them but rather only responsible countries can have them. Another words they are under lock and key and won't be used for any reason. Really they shouldn't be there in the first place but once one person has them everyone wants them. (Just like a nuclear weapon.)

If you are a responsible and respectful country then I doubt there would be a problem. If Saddam wasn't such an evil leader and if he didn't use the weapons on his own people that I sincerely doubt we'd be in this position.

i ust saw on BBC that the people in Bagdad don't know what's going on...the air raid siren stopped over an hour ago and everyone's going about their daily business!!

A statement from Emirates

Emirates is providing this addition to the airline's website to provide passengers with full information, updated regularly, on any changes which may be made to our scheduled flights as a result of military activity in Iraq. Access to all other areas of the Emirates website is available by clicking the button below.

I would like to take this opportunity to say that safety remains our top priority. The airline is monitoring the situation 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure in every way we can the wellbeing of our flight and cabin crews and our passengers.

Where necessary, we will use alternative routes. These are well established and recognised as safe by all international aviation authorities. Emirates has never flown over Iraq, even under normal conditions, and none of our routes takes our aircraft near to that country.

We all pray that peace will be restored soon. In the meantime, our task is to ensure that air travel on Emirates, for our crews and for our passengers, remains safe, secure and accompanied by the highest standards of service.

Maurice Flanagan - Group Managing Director

Well, they obviously didn't get Saddam, I'm assuming everyone has seen his little broadcast by now.

By the way, CNN is a joke. Don't watch it. Same with FoxNews. Do your best to find an alternative news source that identifies and broadcasts every possible angle.

Originally posted by trenzterra
Something I have to add in: Bush thinks that U.S is so powerful that only U.S can possess weapons of mass destruction, but not other countries? Isn't this disputing his so-called 'world peace'

(but i have to agree that saddam isn't right either, I heard he even killed his own son:eek: )

The difference with Saddam versus other countries is that Saddam has never had a weapon he didnt use. If he had the kind of power the U.S. has, the world would be at his mercy as he takes out every country that disagrees with him on something. As a matter of fact, I doubt most of the world would be livable if he ever got such power.....at least not for a few thousand years.

Back